My 40 breeder build

jaylensdad06

Since I never really got to do a build for my 120. And changed everything I started with when setting it up. I'd like to do a build thread for my 40 breeder.

To start: I have a used 40 breeder
A 20 gallon sump
A syncra silent 3 submersible pump
A custom built stand I built.
The skimmer I have I am not using. Is an eshopps psk150.
I have mars aqua leds that I am getting the sb reeflights pcb board for. Will eventually upgrade to either 2 primes or 1 hydra 26.
I plan to use special grade reef sand. My 120 has travertine tile bottom so I'd like to do sand in the 1. So I can get some sand sifting gobies and possible a goby/shrimp pair.

That should be a hood start

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

b663996356350829f0fcb90a45ef58ad.jpg

The start of the stand.

d024a5a63dfb0508741fb54eb7623bcb.jpg

Testing the puck lights that came with the original stand. And starting a water test as its a used tank.

8180eb3af2d73d12ef5a75527a48b8f3.jpg

The start of My power and controls compartment. After the water test n cleaning..I'm gonna break it down and finalize my stand and seal n paint it.

I would cover the wood area with some common black or whatever color paperboard u want makes for a clean look and gives it dimension so your not seeing your sump and wood cuts ettc.

I would cover the wood area with some common black or whatever color paperboard u want makes for a clean look and gives it dimension so your not seeing your sump and wood cuts ettc.

oh and i would go with your firs idea of wo prime hds. althoutgh i do like the hydra 26, the primes are sleeker and look way better! :wavehand:

I plan on wrapping the stand with wood...I probly gonna do a glass door for the controls compartment...if I can get the look clean enough.

Thanx every1. I'll pm u soon...I mad the stand tall because it's only a 17 inch tall tank. I'll give u the exact dimensions In a few days....the only regret I have right now is in wish I made the stand longer to accommodate a 20 long sump...but I have an idea on how I'm going to utilize a fuge. I am hooked on fuges....for some reason.

Back