My clownfish swims weird

Jenny_RS

Hey everyone, just looking for input on why my clownfish is swimming like this. Dorsal and ventral fins are always close to its body and doesn't swim the normal clownfish way. It doesn't seem to sway or turn its upper body but does use its tail. Could this be brooklynella? Or some other injury maybe? It's partner just died so I'm waiting for my lfs to get more percs in stock. Video on YouTube since I can't post it here.

Are you seeing any white dots on the fish or white slime coming off the fish? There are pics of Brook (at various stages) here: Brooklynella

Why did it's partner die??

Are you seeing any white dots on the fish or white slime coming off the fish? There are pics of Brook (at various stages) here: Brooklynella

Why did it's partner die??
No white spots, seems really healthy otherwise eating and pooping normal. I think there was something wrong healthwise with its partner- I had just gotten them recently and they came from different stores but the smaller clown suddenly was at the bottom of the aquarium breathing fairly rapidly so I quarantined it but it died the next day.

No white spots, seems really healthy otherwise eating and pooping normal. I think there was something wrong healthwise with its partner- I had just gotten them recently and they came from different stores but the smaller clown suddenly was at the bottom of the aquarium breathing fairly rapidly so I quarantined it but it died the next day.
Ahh, so these are new additions? Your clownfish might just still be settling into the tank. Is the fish eating?

Ahh, so these are new additions? Your clownfish might just still be settling into the tank. Is the fish eating?
Yes it's got a very good appetite. I'm wondering if maybe it is just an older clownfish that could have some sort of injury? What I did notice is that it seems to swim better at night when the lights have gone out.

Back