Clownfish has stringy white spot on one fin

meowghan

Hello, I just noticed my clownfish has a white, stringy, almost threadlike spot on her one fin and she hasn't been using it. Besides that, she is acting normally, moving around okay, and eating normally. I also have a watchman goby and pistol shrimp in this tank, and both are fine. I haven't added any new rock, CUC, or other fish since I got this clown about 6 months ago. I did have aa giant aiptasia (that won't die no matter how much aiptasiax I give it) that I tried to remove today, so I'm not sure if it's an injury from that or if it's some type of disease. TIA!
IMG_2675.jpg
IMG_2685.jpg
IMG_2684.jpg
IMG_2680.jpg
IMG_2679.jpg
IMG_2678.jpg

Ideally, I'd like to see a video. A video longer than one minute under white light up close to the fish, showing both sides of the fish would be helpful. You can upload the video to YouTube then post the link to it here.

It could be a fluke/worm, however worms prefer the body or gills. Another value in a video is for me to see how the fish is breathing.

Clownfish produce a lot of mucous when compared to other ornamental marine fish. This might even be a bit of mucous that didn't totally get off the body.

There is a range of possibilities including a bacterial infection. Tell me exactly how you are using Aiptasia-X. Maybe a globule of this has stuck to the fish. If Aiptasia-X isn't working then it's the wrong stuff. I don't know much about this nuisance marine lifeform, but maybe others can help you find a better way to eradicate it.

Last edited:
Back