My custom starfire is here!

Update

Update

Spent this past weekend aquascaping and finishing up the stand it was a challenge trying to create a pleasing view from all three sides, but this is what i came up with.
CENTER
DSC04961.jpg

R Side
DSC04963.jpg

L Side
DSC04982.jpg

The stand panels can be removed for easy maintainence.
DSC04977.jpg

DSC04973.jpg

DSC04969.jpg

Here's a shot from above, I love the way you can see the water ripple with no rim.
DSC04985.jpg

Thor

beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awsome start post pics as it "becomes". It is a lot of fun to watch a tank develope!

hey crazy...why did u go with rimless tank and is it less safer this way?
also...are you using a standpipe\durso in your overflow or what?

Gooli, Rimless has been going on for a while in Europe and Asia. Ive been told it is totally safe and the chances if it leaking is like any other tank with a rim. I guess like any other tank you need to make sure the stand is level but with a rimless tank the stand surface needs to be flush/flat with the bottom of tank. I guess I have no choice now but to see if it is safe, yes i am using a durso in my overflow it is made with 1"1/2 PVC to handle the flow of the Barracuda and so far it is quiet and doing a great job.

Thor

thanks...what tunze configuration did u end up with and are u having any sandstorms with all this flow?

I went with a (Interval 1) about 5 seconds pulse full and low power, and 10min interval between the two. So far with that setup no sandstorms and barebottom pockets. Cross my fingers.

this is sweet im gonna be building one of these diy almost mine will be 36 1/4 Lx37Wx24T made from 1/2 starfire 4sides was gonna go rimless now i know i can for sure

Bananaboat good luck with your DIY project I bet it will be an awesome tank, I am really happy with how my tank turned out and I am total believer that my rimless tank will not give me any issues. I will post an update photo soon.

Bananaboat good luck with your DIY project I bet it will be an awesome tank, I am really happy with how my tank turned out and I am total believer that my rimless tank will not give me any issues. I will post an update photo soon.

Delays, delays... Some tank related (still dont have my skimmer!!!), some free time related :(

But soon right.... :)

crazyforacros I love your tank its beautiful,very clean looking.What thickness glass was used and is the bottom pvc?
Do you having any bowing?

thanks.

Back