My custom starfire is here!

Awesome tank. Love the aquascape. Where did you get those rocks and how did you set it up with the two tabling acro rocks?

Thank you very much for all the complients!

wintercool97, it sure is, i love the color combo and the fish temperment is fun to watch! I had one in my previous tank but had to sell him before moving to AZ humm i wonder if it is still alive? Maybe Ahman can chime in.

jwccwj, it is only 36x36 so it's made with 1/2 inch thickness glass with absolutly 0 bowing. PVC bottom is a trademark of the company Aquarium Enviornments and mine is a Lee-mar tank it has a glass bottom.

Texsun, i hand picked the rocks locally at a shop here in AZ. It took awhile before i was pleased with the aquascape, for the table tops i actually had to use a acrylic rod, zipties, and epoxy. i drilled a hole for the acrylic rod on each side of the rock where they would meet, then tie the two rock together with zipties and finish it up with underwater epoxy to prevent it from moving.

Thor

I have had a clown fairy wrasse on my fish list for a very long time, its good to hear they are as fun as they are beautiful.

And dare I say you have a perfect set up, Absolutely gorgeous! The red zoos (I think that is what they are) are awesome where did you find them?

Actually that is a LPS called Favites pentagona "War Coral" not a zoo, i got it locally it started out with only about 5 polyps.

You got it guys, I'm the same way. ENJOY!:D

Some Crappy Top Shots:lol:

DSC05243.jpg

DSC05241.jpg

DSC05238.jpg

Millies

DSC05236.jpg

DSC05235.jpg

way to go. it looks awesome. leave it to you to through in the angel. nice blue face. so what is the rarest coral. thanks for the pics. keep us here in new mexico updated. thank thor

I keep coming back here to drool, your tank is inspirational!

Question about your wrasse, it seems everyone says that you need a top for any wrasse. How have yours done? Ever had a jumper problem?

Not at all, I think as long as they are happy with the aquascape and eating well. They often jump when there is a fish that is hassling it, i was fortunate to have all fish get along but then again that goes back to my happy theory hehe. I often joke around and tell people "why would they jump out of a home like that?" hahhaaaa

Glad to know someone is having luck without a lid, I can't imagine anything ever wanting out of that 5 star luxury home! :D

Thank you very much for the kind compliments wintercool97, i apreceate it. My tank still looks young and waiting for it to grow is the hardest part of all, i will keep you all posted.

Thor

Bonzai Tree Inspired Aquascape

Bonzai Tree Inspired Aquascape

Hey Guy/Gals,

I wanted to lean out my aquascape and take some rock out to give it a more open look. Did not plan it to resemble a Bonzai tree but this is what i came out with, any feedback is welcome. Please forgive the crappy shots i need to get a new camera. Enjoy

Morning Shadow
DSC05367.jpg

Bonzai Tree LOL
DSC05388.jpg

Left Side
DSC05389.jpg

Right Side
DSC05390.jpg

DSC05391.jpg

DSC05392.jpg

DSC05393.jpg

DSC05394.jpg

The minimalist approach to the use of live rock on the sand itself looks great. The way it branches off and doesnt hit the ground gives it a unique touch and seems to almost give it a more natural look.

Back