My File fish have eggs.

laverda

My small file fish is usually out in the middle of everything. Lately it has been hanging out in the same spot. My large one has been hanging out with it some of the time. There is a small patch of algae where it is hanging out. I put a snail on there to eat it and the file fish pushed it off the rock and went back to the same spot. It was than I realized it was fanning a white U shaped clutch of eggs.
9a2d948514f08e3f902f195d46c46c76.jpg
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d2b874d69e88/20190714_103842.mp4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

They were gone this morning a 10 am. Most were still there at 2:30 am. Not sure what happened. They did not look like they had eyes yet, so I don’t think they hatched. I could be wrong.

They were gone this morning a 10 am. Most were still there at 2:30 am. Not sure what happened. They did not look like they had eyes yet, so I don't think they hatched. I could be wrong.

That's cool Steve. Do you still have your cube tank running? Maybe put something you can remove once they lay the eggs and relocate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I do and may try if the lay eggs again. Not much info available about rearing the fry available. One thing I read says they hatch in 2-3 days, are born blind and with their mouth and anas sealed. They don’t eat for 3 days and will eat baby brine by day 6. That does not sound like a good plan for the continuation of the species. that explains why I could not see any eyes on the eggs!

Back