My first setup

infamoustrini

Hello just sharing and looking for input. This is my first setup.

Attachments

• Message_1480837743726.jpg
    Message_1480837743726.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20161204_165759.jpg
    20161204_165759.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 0
Looks good, what kind of lights are you using? Is the rock scape touching the back glass panel? If it is I would try to build it away from the wall a bit maybe about an inch or so. Looks empty, once cycled what do you plan to stock it with?

It is touching the back some of the upper rocks. I am following my friend and doing reed not sure what type yet but i like all. I understand they dont all mix.
Thanks for the good luck

You aquascape looks good. Here's an idea, have you bought about making 2 "islands" of rock with some "beach" in the middle? I've always thought this makes a tank look less artificial. Here's more or less the idea. Of course this limits the amount of rock you'll have to place corals on, but may be something to think of.

aquascape.jpg

I think the only thing he should do with the aquascape is move that one rock (maybe 2) in the top middle to the left side to make that slope look more natural. It would create more of the separation and 2 island look but it would also keep the nice cave look I see going on.

If you have any oddly shaped rocks, use them. I have 2 rocks that are basically pillars and I put them at 45 degree angles to accent the tank and it makes a nice look. You have to use your differences so your tank doesn't just end up looking like everyone else's. You seem to be doing that with the caves and I like it. Keep it up.

Back