My Journey with C./P. multifasciata

I've got a spare talbots damsel in my sump that I couldn't catch when I moved everybody into my 240, maybe I'll try move him over to the multibar's tank.

I think the big issue with the one that's not eating is this red streak/infection thing going on. Not really sure what to treat him with though.

Not sure why when reading your initial post, I skipped over the red streak/infection. This is likely why it won't eat anything. I've found myself, and through talking with Kevin, that these fish need to be in great health and a pristine environment in order to adapt to the captive environment.

I think that over my Thanksgiving break I'll be turning my 20g QT into a fuge of sorts by adding established LR, macro algae, pods, and sand to it in the hopes of coming across a small Vanuatu multibar or two (can't turn down the opportunity of a trio) while on my Christmas vacation. We'll see how that all goes.

That's what I plan to do as well. I'm starting up a 20L with sand, live rock, Pods and some C. Prolifera. I'll probably leave it running for a month, and then wait for a Marshal Island Multibar to come up for sale.

After I'm done I may keep it running to grow good.

That's the plan anyway.

Cool! I'd try & locate a 40/55 if you've got the space. IMO, a 20 would be too small for 1. Especially 2 when you add sand & rock.

Cool! I'd try & locate a 40/55 if you've got the space. IMO, a 20 would be too small for 1. Especially 2 when you add sand & rock.

Well, it's just a very specialized QT, so as long as I don't have to pull the fish into a real, sterile QT because of illness, it will only be in there a month or so. Then it's into the 56g.

My Journey with C./P. multifasciata

My pair is getting bullied by my flame angel and one of my red sea regal so i took them out. Now they are doing great impact both eats pellets but the largest one also loves acropora 😔

I will try to get another one i guess so i can still have a pair

Last edited:
Well I may have bad news, and I don't know when I'll know if it really is or not... My brother said that when he was doing his feedings yesterday that the angel and small clown weren't out to eat, and only the larger clown was out and about. Checked with him today, and he said there is still no sign of either of the MIA fish and that the larger clown is now acting odd. He is defining odd as she is now scared of the baster used to feed the tank. Also to be noted, the missing fish aren't on the floor or in the sump or overflow box.

Hoping for the best now, but fearing the worst. :(

Back