My live corals don't do well....help.

Jonna43

I'm fairly new to the hobby, but I am loving every bit of it....except for the fact that I can't seem to keep a coral alive for more than a few months:sad2:. I've bought 2 at this point, and 1 (Alveopora) already died, and the other one (Xenia) is on the way....and I have no idea what I'm doing (or not doing) to kill them. I've had my 32g Biocube for about a year and a half, and everything else seems to be fine. My fish, snails, hermit crabs, fire shrimp all seem to be doing great. I do water changes about every 1 1/2 - 2 weeks (15-20%). The Alveopora turned completely white and then slowly deteriorated until it was nothing. Now the Xenia..which was beautiful and flowy....is stumpy and there's not much movement. My local aquarium store didn't seem to have any advice or suggestions, so I'm hoping I can get some on here. Any advice/information is greatly appreciated....

Thanks so much! :fish1:

Not knowing your waters stats id then consider the lighting maybe? Just a guess on no information to go on. Those are usually considered very easy to keep corals but corals do require a much different lighting setup then fish & other tank inhabitants.
Can you post your tank setup from tank water parameters to the exact type lighting etc.

Back