My Neptune Apex web interface compatible DIY reef controller

Do you have the right ports forwarded? On mine i VPN from my phone to my home router then use it as if I was local. Works well and no chance of anyone external accessing it.

On a side note.. Is the Macros/actions documented some where or is it more of a play with it and figure it out kind of thing :)

yeah I do and I can get access to everything but the controller setup via the remote network. I can get access to everything on the local network.

Uggg.. I didn't really want to go through all that VPN stuff is the password not enough. :headwalls:

yeah I do and I can get access to everything but the controller setup via the remote network. I can get access to everything on the local network.

Uggg.. I didn't really want to go through all that VPN stuff is the password not enough. :headwalls:

you are using your IP address followed by :8000 correct? eg: 28.302.32.73:8000

I not sure if I am being clear but I can access everything but when I go to "logs and setup" and then click on "Controller Setup". This is what I am talking about in the menu system. I can get to that menu on the local network but not on internet. It spins for a while and I get an error on the internet but I can get to all the other menus just fine.

Another question. Is there a quick easy way to disable the Jeabo pumps from the screen (like you can comment out temp/ph) or are they all hard coded in there?

There is no quick way. You have to edit the javascript code in index.html.

wouldn't know on that.. hopefully someone else chime in :worried:

You are probably getting an error.
Try it from a computer/laptop. Use firefox with firebug debugger turned on (chrome and IE has similar addons). Then access the controller page. The debugger will show you everything that got sent and received. I suspect accessing that particular setup page is probably running into an error.

Thanks for the updates! and for the great project.. Its an excellent base to build off of :)

For all the probes did you use atlas scientific for all of yours? Did you actually implement them or just add the code? (does just the Stamp matter and you can use any probe?)

Thanks!
Deven

Has anyone tried to find a way to interface the feed-mode with a reeflink? May be able to parce the code or string from wireshark?

Can reeflink be accessed via any web browser?
if so, you can capture request and response using firefox and firebug.
if anyone can do that and send me the logs, I can look into it and maybe add this feature.

For all the probes did you use atlas scientific for all of yours? Did you actually implement them or just add the code? (does just the Stamp matter and you can use any probe?)

I initially tried diy but run into too many issues. So I just use atlas stamps. Its a little pricey, but it just works. You really only need ph stamp, so it's not too bad. You can use any ph probe with it.

You are probably getting an error.
Try it from a computer/laptop. Use firefox with firebug debugger turned on (chrome and IE has similar addons). Then access the controller page. The debugger will show you everything that got sent and received. I suspect accessing that particular setup page is probably running into an error.

Yeah its just weird I don't get the issue when I connect locally I was wondering if that was on purpose or something.

Is there an issue with the dosers calibration that you know of? Calibrating dosers 0&1 works perfectly but when pressing + to start the calibration on 2&3 it starts the dosers but doesn't stop, just keeps pumping. All are running on the same uln chip

So my add on board is a little tall. I had to bend the pins/connectors on top over to fit if but works for now. Maybe add a side mount one later instead
5d979d625b5dc08b2e9198c3b0989ad8.jpg

18cc4f9c7b342f8c0113dc43ed891f2a.jpg

very cool setup.. Looks great and simple.

I probably going to go that route eventually putting it all in the relay box if I can. I'm sort of waiting to see what the next version of the design is going to look like. etc.

So ironically I ended up picking up a used apex (with PH,ORP and conductive for not much more than it would have cost me to buy all three probes from atlas ). However I still feel far to deep and committed to this project so I'm going to build it anyways!

So ironically I ended up picking up a used apex (with PH,ORP and conductive for not much more than it would have cost me to buy all three probes from atlas ). However I still feel far to deep and committed to this project so I'm going to build it anyways!

Oh.. lol thats too bad. Wonder if anyone sells used Atlas stamps but I haven't seen many. lol Maybe we should build atlas clones. :)

You should! Sadly the atlas stuff gets pricey (at least once you get it to Canada and get stuck with duty)

Plus the apex deal was too good to pass up as it even came with an extra brand new conductivity probe (future auto water changes!)

Back