My Neptune Apex web interface compatible DIY reef controller

I dont have the ds1307, I have ds1302 is there anyway this can be used instead or must it be the ds1307 please

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ronnyking --
Yep, the fan tach is connected directly to the arduino pin. I've had that same issue at times, for me it was incorrect wiring... I had a flipped +12v and PWM signal once, had the PWM flipped with the TACH another time.

I'd suggest getting out a multimeter and testing each of the four pins as you go from 0% to 50% to 100% on the fans. That was the cleanest way of identifying which pin was which -- if you have the ground pin connected to the multimeter ground, you should see 0V across the +12v pin at 0% speed and 12v at both 50% and 100% speed... whereas the voltage across the PWM pin should increase as you ramp up fan speed.
I can commiserate though, for whatever reason the fan circuits and wiring have given me a lot of trouble, often because a pin gets swapped somewhere and then I have to trace it back to where I went wrong.

I've been seeing intermittent bad pH readings a couple of times each day. I'll get a log value of -1, those values show up on the graphs too and I've seen them appear when watching the scrolling readings on the LCD. I'm a bit stumped on how to proceed.

I've swapped the EZO pH stamp and the carrier and the issue persists. I tested it on a second bench setup and the issue persists as well. I have two EZO stamps -- COND and pH -- and they're both connected via I2C since I wasn't able to get a connection using serial.

Haven't yet bought a new pH probe, but thinking that may be the next step... Might try to get the serial mode working, but I don't know if that could cause this issue.

Anyone else experience a similar problem?

Has any has this error the file does exist as I put the libraries in the libraries folder as told to on the instructions
83534e1c5c8c96be3f74a3b95c8c3da1.jpg

I managed to get that all sorted but the problem is now that I have tried 5 different ethernet shields and I've had no luck in any of them connecting to the Internet. Does anybody have an idea why this is or how to solve it. I've checked all the files and they were all pre edited??

'tony85lamb'

I guess it is not problem in Ethernet shield but in installation and configuration of your Arduino environment. On your previous screenshot it is visible as compile does not find all required libraries so also code is not compiled in right way!
First fix that so open instruction and go step by step to set-up everything according to instructions and then code compilation should be done without errors.
Then check your devices and settings update files and then try again!

Yea I got past that error forgot to put the libraries in the correct folder. It was only after the upload I found out that they refused to connect to the Internet. I followed the instructions to the letter but have had no luck

There are no errors compiles error free. I think it's software side as all the sheds I've tried work with the example Web server. But with the neptune server I'm getting nothing even the router is not showing the wired connection when running neptune so for some reason it's unable to connect running the software

But with the neptune server I'm getting nothing even the router is not showing the wired connection when running neptune so for some reason it's unable to connect running the software

If software is compiled OK then you are progressing!

Did you format SD card as it should be and place all required files on it?
You hear any beebs after reset controller?
Did you check what you get on serial line after reset?

Last edited:
If software is compiled OK then you are progressing!

Did you format SD card as it should be and place all required files on it?
You hear any beebs after reset controller?
Did you check what you get on serial line after reset?
Yea I formated the sd card to fat32, put both the index files on the sd card. No information is shown in the serial monitor it's just blank

I have now worked out what's going on I have a dodgy ph stamp and waiting for it to come through in the post. What is that I comment out exactly for temp and ph as I've gone by what was said in a previous post. I've tried following it but I'm getting a lot of java script errors and I'm being made to edit other parts of the code as it won't let me compile until I put something. If there is anyone that has done this before please can you help me with the exact process please

So I am really wanting to try this project, but since it has been a long time in the running since you started this. I am curious about what the current recommendations are for getting started.

Should I still look for one of those Chauvet controllers as a base, or one of the smart plugs, or just a big 8 outlet surge protector?

So I am really wanting to try this project, but since it has been a long time in the running since you started this. I am curious about what the current recommendations are for getting started.

Should I still look for one of those Chauvet controllers as a base, or one of the smart plugs, or just a big 8 outlet surge protector?

I never started out with the Chauvet, because either they were hard to find, or when I did, people wanted stupid money for them. I ended up taking an old APC UPC and redoing the inside. I put in an 8 Channel Relay board, and hooked everything up. I had less than 20 bucks into it. That is my recommended route, if you are comfortable with working with mains voltage.

I never started out with the Chauvet, because either they were hard to find, or when I did, people wanted stupid money for them. I ended up taking an old APC UPC and redoing the inside. I put in an 8 Channel Relay board, and hooked everything up. I had less than 20 bucks into it. That is my recommended route, if you are comfortable with working with mains voltage.

Perfect, exactly the type of starting point I was looking for.

Though now i have to know, did you keep the actual battery part of the APC for backup?

Not my first one. The second one, I did, and bought a new battery for it. I used it to keep power on for the heater, micro controller, and pump. Everything else I let be. I was running a DC Pump, and could go 30 minutes with no power.

I'm getting this error does anyone know how to fix this all the changes have been made according to the instructions

'time_t' was not declared in this scope

Back