My Neptune Apex web interface compatible DIY reef controller

k10 probe range is 10us/cm - 1,000,000us/cm
k1 probe range is 5us/cm - 200,000us/cm
the kit comes with calibration for 12,880us/cm and 80,000us/cm.
I think for reef, k1 is the right one. You can ask atlas to make sure.

for comparison, neptune apex conductivity probe range is 0-90,000us/cm, equivalent to 0-50ppt salinity.

I have the salinity stamp, however my probe is shot. I haven't purchased a new probe yet. I'm fighting an issue with my controller on locking up. It's causing by ATO turning the pump on and off. I have a noise filter and everything. Haven't been able to track down why.

I have the salinity stamp, however my probe is shot. I haven't purchased a new probe yet. I'm fighting an issue with my controller on locking up. It's causing by ATO turning the pump on and off. I have a noise filter and everything. Haven't been able to track down why.

did you add your own code for ATO? how fast is it switching? it should be once every second only.
My original ATO code used pin change interrupt, but the current code simply gets one reading every second. You can change it to a different interval in outletHandlerB. Each switch will log a message, so too much switching may overwhelm the logging code, but not likely, since I use a circular buffer to queue the log messages, so you may lose some log messages, if it comes too fast. The default circular buffer size is 6 messages, you can try increasing that in config.h OUTLOGSZ

the ato read and pump swtich are done in interrupt code, so even if the main loop locks up, there is no risk of having pump stuck in on position, you just won't get the action logged since logging code is executed in main loop.

I take it the program does not lock up if the ATO is not switching.

Last edited:
yes, you just need to add the OP-AMP circuit in the current circuit diagram.
You probably don't need 12bit pwm resolution. I'm still working on the code.

Thank you very much, I am going to start buying parts for this build and will gladly test your software with my lights if need it.

you just need to register. and let them access your controller. The specific call they use to collect the data is not login secured (just like on the Apex).

What firmware version does the chauvet have? Or do I need to provide username and pasword?

Think I found the firmware version, 4.20_1B13

Is Open XML already enabled, if not how do I do so?

Last edited:
What firmware version does the chauvet have? Or do I need to provide username and pasword?

Think I found the firmware version, 4.20_1B13

Is Open XML already enabled, if not how do I do so?

yes it is already enabled.
you can add a note when you register that you are using a d0ughhb0y's diy controller and they'll know how to set up your account.

my ph looks better after I started using my two part doser. lol.

IRHPA2X.png

Last edited:
reeftronics will send you a nag email if they cannot connect to your controller after trying for 1 hour.

As long as my public IP does not change between now and then, it will be all good. Need to go get a DDNS, know any good free ones?

Signed up with No-IP

Last edited:
I got my PH 10 calibration fluid today, so I went to calibrate my PH probe. Came across a problem. Once I go to calibrate, does not matter which one, 7 or 10. I get that it was successfully calibrated, but then the controller times out as far as connecting via web. Everything still running fine with the exception of no way to connect. Have to manual reset the controller.

Everything seems fine after resetting, the calibration took, but had to manually reset to get web function back.

Back