My new light...

Yeah if you want life to be really easy and be able to put anything you want in your cube than definitely get the halide. Single halide pendants or retrofits are reasonably priced too.

I got 4 13 watt PC retrofits that I will sell you to suppliment your MH if you go that route. I forgot they were sitting in the closet.

That is new to me I have never seen anything like that before. Looks like it would fit your tank perfectly. It's probably not too bad on the heat output either, not to mention the price is right!

I took it to $80 and thought, if I take it any higher, I may as well get a halide. So I stopped. I did just buy this though :)

Hamilton 175w halide kit, 20k bulb. Should be very nice! I need to come up with a reflector somehow. I will be scouring make-man tonight. :)
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=827563

I am going to make a canopy this saturday at either the Kadena or Tori hobby shop. I got the computer fans and power supply to work that I dug out of the trash also. This is a hard core budget canopy! Kept it under $150 :)

Hint Hint... I still have some PC retros to suppliment that 20k. Bulbs in the PC are currently 6500K to help you achieve that overgrown coral look like a certain tank you have seen before.

I got my hood built today. I am going to get it painted so its just waiting on the lights. the guy sent them out on Friday (our saturday) so I give it by the end of next week and I should be under halide lighting.

The ballast came yesterday, the bulb/socket came today! I wasnt expecting it until the weekend, glad I had the hood built! I got everything all wired up this afternoon, and its shining bright tonight! the fish didnt know what to do! they are 3 different shades brighter! the hammar coral looks totally different, the zoos changed to much brighter, and the mushrooms, totally different as well! Im very pleased!

Ask and you shall recieve:

full view of the tank. the pics dont do it justice IMO
10032125g_175w_20k.jpg

100321175w_20k_MH.jpg

my pair of clowns...jeff, if your still interested LMK
100321pair_of_clowns.jpg

my tomato hosting
100321new_light.jpg

showphoto.php

and the halide in the hood I built
100321light_installed.jpg

I will try and get some better pics tommorow. I am 100% pleased with the light! It mades a WORLD of a difference. Still needs a reflector though. Next purchase, a skimmer. Ive been looking at the bakpak skimmer. Ive read lots of great things about it, and its a HOB. Both of which I need.

Did you build fans into your hood? Just curious about the heat buildup. If not you definitely don't need a heater now :)

Back