My newest addition from extremecorals

cschweitzer

My stuff came in today and everything looks pretty healthy...I hope that it all stays that way. My allardi clownfish look awesome. Here are some pictures...not the greatest, but in a rush to take them before going back to work.

P1050010.jpg

P1050009.jpg

P1050008.jpg

P1050006.jpg

Any comments on their appearance or health are very welcome. I think they look pretty healthy, but I could always be wrong

one of my most favorite clownfish. good luck with them. from the photographs they look healthy enough, but it always changes rapidly. by day three or four youll know if you have problems.

hopefully youre being proactive with QT and such.

Yep...actually the first one's I've ever QT'ed. They are in a 20G tall with a piece of LR(will be taken out if treatment is needed) and two pieces of PVC piping just in case. It's an eclipse setup, so it has the built-in filtration, but I'm using it solely for flow, taking out the filter and bio-wheel. I will do a water change tonight/tomorrow and this will be my main source for water control. I was going to leave them in QT for about a week to make sure. I know, more is desirable, but allardis are pretty sturdy fish.

they look great to me... though when it comes to identity... i can never tell the difference between any of the clarkii complex... :D

Thank you all...they made it through their first night and the lights come on at 11:45, so I'll see them at lunch...I can't wait.

They are nice, the female is about 3-4" and the male is maybe half her size. Nice blue hue to their stripes, different color tails. Big and bright...if everything goes well, I could see these two breeding pretty early on. Going home for lunch to check for any diseases or odd behavior. I saw a very little of the "yawning" behavior, but I think they were just trying to get food from the column...if I see anymore of that when I'm not feeding, I will look into it.

Now I know where they went!! I saw them for sale & went to ask the wife if she felt like driving to Dallas to pick them up. When I came back they were sold.. :mad2:

I'm glad someone on here got them so I can see how they do. If you do get them breeding, I'll be sending you a PM about the babies. :D

Well, they look pretty developed and from their attitudes(very peaceful to each other) the have definitely found their places(sexual maturity) and were probably breeding in the wild. I can only hope that they start and that they don't take years to do so. Hey, if they do take years, I can wait longer than they can:). If they start breeding, I will be attempting to raise the young, so I'll keep you posted.

I post a few more pictures from this afternoon. The only thing that worries me at all is that the female has one little spot on her, on the left side, right behind and a little towrds the top of the first line. I hope it's just a scratch, but if it looks to worsen at all, she'll have to take a dip.

You can see the issue mark I perviously mentioned if you look very close on the first two pictures.

P1060009.jpg

P1060008.jpg

This is just to show the tail color variance...I thought this was a really cool bonus to this pair.

P1060007.jpg

Back