My pair of 6045's and cord vibration

holdyourlight

Hello

I have 2 6045's that i purchased from premium aquatics in May of 2011. They have always had an issue where the cord, especially the first foot or so coming off the pump, vibrates badly, causing excessive noise from anything that comes in contact with it. This hasn't been much of an issue for me as these pumps were in my basement away from everything. It's now become an issue as they are my my living room and it's nearly impossible to make sure that the cords don't touch anything at all. Do you have any suggestions or have you seen this issue before?

Thanks

Most probable is the propellers are out of balance or worn so they wobble, at this age new propellers would not be an unusual need and they are about $12 each, part 6025.700. Some vibration from the cord is normal, I would expect noise against a reflector or similar thin metal that can resonate, but not otherwise unless the props are worn or out of balance.

Most probable is the propellers are out of balance or worn so they wobble, at this age new propellers would not be an unusual need and they are about $12 each, part 6025.700. Some vibration from the cord is normal, I would expect noise against a reflector or similar thin metal that can resonate, but not otherwise unless the props are worn or out of balance.

Thanks! I'll order 2 new drive units and give that a shot!

So while removing the housing on one of the pumps i inadvertently broke off the tab at the bottom of the housing. It seems that i would also need to order a part 6045.131 while ordering new propellers now? I have a question about the blue flow control piece. I cannot remove this piece from the now broken housing. It is completely stuck in there. It seems like the new housing does not come with this piece included. Can i just leave it off? I dont use the flow control in the first place, i always have it on max.

The blue tube is a separate part 6045.132, it does come out, it likely is wedged in by some fine sand or silt. I would try soaking it in warm water and vinegar to loosen it and then pull it out. You could leave it out but flow will exit the opening at the bottom.

Back