Attachments

• 0BFB8046-B29C-4556-AE7D-FC3AD0139E02.jpeg
    0BFB8046-B29C-4556-AE7D-FC3AD0139E02.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
  • 24E4F698-6620-4733-9422-08CB48247A5E.jpeg
    24E4F698-6620-4733-9422-08CB48247A5E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
The green/blue is not?!?!? The oranges are starting to.😳
Nothing wrong with a garden of orange. They’re my favorite color in Ricordea. The green/blue kinda looked like it was on the right side there next to the orange

Nothing wrong with a garden of orange. They’re my favorite color in Ricordea. The green/blue kinda looked like it was on the right side there next to the orange
Oh, I agree I like any F. Ricordea. I’ll never forget a bajillion years ago Mrs griss and I went to Cozumel with Nanook and Mrs Nanook. Right off the beach were thousands of pale/pastel yellow Ricordea. I’d never seen that color/shade before or since.

Last edited:
Well, so far the two new Rics are a bit of a disappointment. After 24 hours, the green/purple is still only dime sized. The other is a green “oddball.” Neither are opening much.

Rics I’ve gotten in the past from KP have been much larger. Maybe because it’s the end of the collection season these are smaller. I’m okay with that as long as they start opening soon.

@Joypaws83 ^ since you like Rics.
What’s the one in the 3rd pic? I love how that looks!

My LFS had a pitiful selection when I was there Thursday. I have a 13.5 nano that is fully cycled and was looking for a fish, but even they were looking in poor shape. I always check out their ric selection and I wasn’t impressed. I don’t plan on putting anything in the tank until I get these Dinos under control…it’s taking a lot of self control to not buy a coral 😬

What’s the one in the 3rd pic? I love how that looks!

My LFS had a pitiful selection when I was there Thursday. I have a 13.5 nano that is fully cycled and was looking for a fish, but even they were looking in poor shape. I always check out their ric selection and I wasn’t impressed. I don’t plan on putting anything in the tank until I get these Dinos under control…it’s taking a lot of self control to not buy a coral 😬

Third pic? There’s only two in the post above? If you were scrolling pics, you probably scrolled to the first pic in the thread which is my crazy Ric this thread is about😂

Count yourself lucky, at least you have an LFS with good SW selection. I’m in the St Louis MO metro area and my closest LFS with a good selection is about 45 minutes away. The closest I have for livestock is a Petco 5 minutes away and their stock is hit or miss.

Third pic? There’s only two in the post above? If you were scrolling pics, you probably scrolled to the first pic in the thread which is my crazy Ric this thread is about😂

Count yourself lucky, at least you have an LFS with good SW selection. I’m in the St Louis MO metro area and my closest LFS with a good selection is about 45 minutes away. The closest I have for livestock is a Petco 5 minutes away and their stock is hit or miss.
Yep I was scrolling 😆

I have 2 to choose from but the more affordable one has odd hours and it’s a pain to get to with every road being under construction here. Hopefully your Petco has a better selection than ours! All the ones around here have are brown leather corals or Xenia 🙄

lol I’ve heard Indiana roads are pretty much always under construction 😂. How far from PA are you again?

My Petco only have Kenya Tree frags as far as corals are concerned. Once they had some Tridacna Derasa clams. The occasionally have LTAs.

But, their quality is hit or miss. Everything is very healthy one visit and the next everything looks like it’s about to die.

lol I’ve heard Indiana roads are pretty much always under construction 😂. How far from PA are you again?

My Petco only have Kenya Tree frags as far as corals are concerned. Once they had some Tridacna Derasa clams. The occasionally have LTAs.

But, their quality is hit or miss. Everything is very healthy one visit and the next everything looks like it’s about to die.
It’s about an 8 hour drive.

My LFS usually has high quality fish and corals but lately is looking sad. I’m not sure if their experienced employees quit or what but it was pretty bad looking the last time I was there. They had corals in the $30-$40 range 30% off and I get an additional 25% because I’m a part of a coral swap group I pay $21 a year for….so, so very tempting to grab a few right now 😬

Back