my tank

foodstamp

i thought id show off the work i have put into it so far not even close to being done but its a start :)

day1
Picture007.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture006.jpg

day5 i added 2 pounds of garf grunge+ then on day 10 i added 2 dimsels, 40 hermit crabs & 80 snails ( 3 kinds) 5 pounds of goodies from the sump at fish ect the snails and hermit's where from garf as well
Picture017.jpg

day1.jpg

skimmer started pulling out junk allready
Picture016.jpg

Last edited:
and now at about a month......overflow sump/new skimmer & a fuge
the micro i got from fish ect i put in the sump befor i had a fuge set up and when i washed my sock somehow i got soap in the sump so i had to toss it and wash the 20lsumptank skimmer and return pump ungodly amount of times...
overflow theres one on each side of the tank.
overflow.jpg

fuge
fuge.jpg

sump/skimmer
sumpskimmer.jpg

full shot of both
undertank1month.jpg

and the tank at 1 month....theres 25 pounds of dryrock that came with the tank and i added 25 pounds of live fugi rock i have 60 more pounds on the way along with 50 pounds of sand for a DSB in the fuge there is about 50 pounds of drysand that was seeded with garf grunge+ and the goodies from fish ect....
1month.jpg

i have used all ro/di water
live stock so far is
2 green chromies ( had to move to the fuge for now they where picking on the clownes)
1 very color full manderin
1 fire shrimp
2 clownes
1 seabay nem (hosting clowens inless then 1day)
alot of snails & hermits.....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11077263#post11077263 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kinghokus420
sweet setup!
i dig the strainer on the overflow.

thx....

the 2 overflows & all the plumbing cost about $40 including the return lines and all the ball valves i even add a ball vavle with 3/4 hose out for easy water changes i all so put in 1 output with ball valve to add reacters later

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11085041#post11085041 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Underwaterparadise
Looks like the sump worked out well for ya!!

YEP!!! it sure did... ur guy dose killer work the tank size was right on the money i coulda asked for the full 12 1/2 insted of the 12 but didnot wanna push it to make sure it fit :) the 2 hole's he drilled where off by 1/2" he centered them at 13" witch is where i need the bottem to be but 1/2" wood fixed it with no prob's...
i should been a lil more specific but it all worked out. that tank is built like TANK'S should be.... when i upgrade to a bigger one i will be back for sure...
i do need some sheet's cut to size to finish off my sump all get the size's and drop by next week sometime and pick up a few more frags. hey one thing i forgot to ask you do u have anyone making stand's & canopies for you yet?

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11085586#post11085586 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kinghokus420
whats that scale looking dingus on your skimmer?

it's just a ruler......

the first week i put that skimmer on the tank i was getting about 3/4"perday, this last week it's been around 1/2" and slowly over the past few day's it's been about 1/4" aday. i dont have a big bio-load yet and not overfeeding by anymeans.
as it was pulling 3/4" my no3 was about 50 & as the waste level droped so did the no3 at 1/2" it was about 30 & now with 1/4" coming out it has droped to below 20 but not 0 yet but i see it right around the corner...

next on the to do list is
auto topoff ( i have flote switch's allready)
put sprinkler solenoids inline of the overflow lines so if my power go's out it will stop the sophion and restart when it comes back on im allso gonna add flote switch at the top of the tank to kill the pump power if the overflows ever lose sophion so i dont get a flood add the 175w lights i got from kyletech and put 1 of the coralife 24" on the fuge befor i can do this i have to build a canopie.......

Ya I wasn't sure about the holes since we added that after the fact just tried to have them centered as close to the top as possible without screwing with the integrity of the glass.

You have PM

I like the strainer design for the overflow! That's pretty cool and I might have to use a modified design like that until I get my overflow setup but since I'm drilling for the bulkheads I might as well get er' done in one shot. I like the tank, and it will be great to see when you get the halides going!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11091200#post11091200 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by iairj84
I like the strainer design for the overflow! That's pretty cool and I might have to use a modified design like that until I get my overflow setup but since I'm drilling for the bulkheads I might as well get er' done in one shot. I like the tank, and it will be great to see when you get the halides going!

it was just quick,easy & CHEAP!!!!!! lol
i wanted to drill this tank really bad but did not wanna take the chance of being out a tank so im gonna leave it and it will be my sump on my new tank.... this tank is really old and has a lot of scratchs but for the price i got it for you cant beat it :)

I agree! Cheap is definately the way to go. I figure I might as well drill for it and learn now on a cheap tank than risk it later on with a more expensive one down the road. I definately see your point though and I've gone back and forth on whether to take that route or not.

if it was a $30 tank ( 20h ) or something i would have.
but this is a pretty good size tank that can be used for a LR curing vat or a huge sump/fuge on like a 300 gallon DT with out being drilled witch is what i what to do. once i get this one up and running and do all my mistakes on it :)

something i have noticed sence i picked up Bonnie and Clyde's Hideout (nem) every time the daylight go's out they go right to it.
nitenite.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11098331#post11098331 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Underwaterparadise
Feed that guy!! He looks a Lil bleached. That's where they sleep so they are just getting ready for bed hahahaha

Bleached? Isn't that a seabe? Usually seen as white with colored tips. Although, White is supposedly never a true color on anemones.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11099451#post11099451 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Twisted
Although, White is supposedly never a true color on anemones.

Bingo!!! Most seabae's are brown with purple tips sometimes Green like one I have. 95% of seabae's come in bleached. Hardy little suckers cause most of them still survive

this is how it was when i got it i thought it was just the color of it.
all be down to your shop to get some food tomorrow.
i was just talking to u about what to feed it yesterday :) i woulda got it then but did not have the any flow with me...
it seems very happy in my tank i can tell it really loves the clowens as much as they love it....

every nite haha i watched it again to night they know its bed time for sure!!!!!

Yeah sadly, most people never know that white is not it's normal color. They are very strong though, that's why they are so common.
Not to mention clowns love them!

But if you ever want a really nice anemone to go in the other end of that tank, or another tank, just let Underwaterparadise know before hand, he can watch the stock list for something nice <purple seabes are awesome looking!>

Hey Rob did you sell that big bow front yet? I'm still dreaming of it, but my wife says no...we actually it was more like , "NO!" but you know what I mean.

Back