My upgrade, a few pics and the story.

My upgrade, a few pics and the story.

Well, trying to tackle the Apex. I went through the instructions online, set the controller up to my router, plugged in the 8 bar energy deal, connected the two, got green lights. So far, so good. Hooked up the display and it's just blue. Nothing happening. I can't update anything of that's the issue because I can't link the Apex without the display. Don't think so anyway. So I opened a ticket with Neptune and will see what they say. I think this is the Apex classic? It's a few years old anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_4040.jpg
    IMG_4040.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 2
Sometimes the screen does that. See if you can unplug from existing port and plug into another port to see if it will boot up. There are other ways to get it done if you’re still having issues with it even after trying another port. Ping me if you need some help.

Congrats on the new tank. Looks like a beast. Stand super nice too.

Well, tried firmware updates and no go on the display. Looks like I'll need to replace it. Little bummed but I think the unit itself is fine. Just the display is messed up. $75 from Neptune to get a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doesn't the Dashboard display the same thing as Display? read something about it before for broken displays

The dashboard does yes. But I've yet to even set everything up because I couldn't get the display to work. The whole unit is upstairs plugged int my router, I don't want to mount it and have it all set until I know it's fully functional.

Once you get the IP there’s really no need for the display. Just barrow a display from someone. Also, neptune has a program where you can get a new brain at a discounted rate to replace a broken brain. You have to open a ticket for that price though.. still not cheep.

I think the brain is ok. I'd still like a display to be able to easily walk by and see temp, etc. Plus it's shiny and a toy. :)

New Kessil H80. I never had an issue growing chaeto in my old set up. I just bought a cheap clip on light from Home Depot. But they were pretty flimsy and the rubber and metal would eventually deteriorate. I guess I wont have that issue with the gooseneck mount. I'm hoping this light really helps with growth. It's what they advertise it for, so we will see. Figure this is as close to my dream tank as I'll get, until the wife finally convinces me to move out of state, so I'll spend some money on it while I can.

IMG_4044.jpg

I've always been pretty good at aquascaping my tanks. I draw it out the way I want it to look and I usually come close.

Not so much with this monster. Maybe because I just threw all the rock in during the transfer. This is just how it looks now. I will start doing a section at a time. Slowly.

IMG_4045.jpg

Back