Myzislow's Custom 95 Gallon Rimless

I see your raspberry lemonade hasn't really rounded the corner either. I have been waiting for that thing more than a year. It looks like it wants too but I just cant shake the brown in it.

Looks nice but not........you know.....Nice nice.

Man I hear you there! It was pretty brown from my old neglected 29g when I moved it over, but From the two pics you can see its really changing for the better, but like you said still not 100% there. It gets better by the day, I'm confident it should be looking great here shortly. Purple is coming in fast on the coralites and the color is really beginning to pop. I grew this from a single 1/2" accidental frag/nub from Justin haha.

I got mine in pretty good light and its taking off growth wise. Where do you keep yours? Justin always has kept it pretty low in his tank under 150s but I think it can tolerate and maybe prefer higher light.

Nice tank you got there. Love the scape. Looks very simple but at the same time, it flows so well.

btw, where did you get your clowns for and if you dont mind me asking, how much?

Thanks! I really like how the scape came out as well, in person it flows really nice. I need to get an updated FTS as it has changed quite a bit with the addition of some of my other corals that I have brought over.

Luckily for me I got the clowns locally off of a reefer who got out of the hobby a few years ago. He has held onto them at a buddies house just in case he ever got back into the hobby. These are one of the original premium pairs that ORA ever released way back in early 08 or late 07. I got a steal IMO @ $400 for the adult pair, with a RBTA.

Man I hear you there! It was pretty brown from my old neglected 29g when I moved it over, but From the two pics you can see its really changing for the better, but like you said still not 100% there. It gets better by the day, I'm confident it should be looking great here shortly. Purple is coming in fast on the coralites and the color is really beginning to pop. I grew this from a single 1/2" accidental frag/nub from Justin haha.

I got mine in pretty good light and its taking off growth wise. Where do you keep yours? Justin always has kept it pretty low in his tank under 150s but I think it can tolerate and maybe prefer higher light.

I have put mine just about every where. I confess after looking at a good sized brown out long enough i finally ripped it out of my display and put it in the center of my prop tank. And still just not quite there. Looks pretty good from the top down. Nice lime green and purple tips, but in the DT all I saw was brown. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just cant seem to color this one up.

Although my grapejuice after over three years in the same spot, not moved here, then there, then there, and left alone is finally starting to really look like it should.

Maybe I should have just let it be. Yours does seem to be coloring up for the better.:bounce2:

Tank is really progressing. I really like your chalice shots. What lfs do you frequent? I live in Modesto and go to Sanjose stores when my club holds frag swaps. There is one coming up in August at Neptunes. Ever heard of it ? You know a reefer named Kraylen? He is from Salinas as well. Anyways great looking reef.
Matt

Im really liking your tank man. But you kinda have me stumped on one thing here. You are using a baffleless sump, with an insump protien skimmer. How do you keep your water level even so your skimmer will skim consistantly? Do you rely on your ATO to do it? If thats the case, doesn't your water level have to fluctuate to get that to work? Wouldn't one baffle for a skimmer section create a more even water level for you to really take advantage of the skimmer you have?

Im really liking your tank man. But you kinda have me stumped on one thing here. You are using a baffleless sump, with an insump protien skimmer. How do you keep your water level even so your skimmer will skim consistantly? Do you rely on your ATO to do it? If thats the case, doesn't your water level have to fluctuate to get that to work? Wouldn't one baffle for a skimmer section create a more even water level for you to really take advantage of the skimmer you have?

Thanks! Yeah, I use a tunze osmolator which keeps my water level pretty much rock solid at the sweet spot recommended for the ATB v2. The sensor on the osmolator is so sensitive that there is little to no fluctuation at all. This skimmer pulls some of the foulest smelling gunk I've honestly ever come across.

This is going to be an amazing tank once the coral grow out!!!

Nice progress...

Thanks! I hope so, watching the corals grow in is one of the most rewarding and fun parts of the hobby IMO.

Tank is really progressing. I really like your chalice shots. What lfs do you frequent? I live in Modesto and go to Sanjose stores when my club holds frag swaps. There is one coming up in August at Neptunes. Ever heard of it ? You know a reefer named Kraylen? He is from Salinas as well. Anyways great looking reef.
Matt

Thanks man! I hit up Neptunes quite often; good people for sure. I was just up there and swooped up a cool dottyback and some helfrichis at king aquarium of all places haha. I used to frequent ATL a ton but haven't lately. I get a lot of my coral from local reefers through trades and such.

Yeah of course I know Kray haha, he was just over here. He is still around and is going to be starting up a new project here soon.

I have put mine just about every where. I confess after looking at a good sized brown out long enough i finally ripped it out of my display and put it in the center of my prop tank. And still just not quite there. Looks pretty good from the top down. Nice lime green and purple tips, but in the DT all I saw was brown. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just cant seem to color this one up.

Although my grapejuice after over three years in the same spot, not moved here, then there, then there, and left alone is finally starting to really look like it should.

Maybe I should have just let it be. Yours does seem to be coloring up for the better.:bounce2:

Yeah, I think its one of those stubborn corals that you just need to let be and ride out like you said. If that doesnt end up working maybe try fragging off a chunk and sticking up high and seeing if that helps. Sometimes starting corals over again, even in the same system really does wonders.

Completely unrelated but where do you keep your pink panther colony in relation to the light and in what kind of flow? I'm struggling to find the happy spot in my new tank for some reason.

Good question,

Mine is literally front and center of my DT. Mid tank but in the "hot spot" of the lumenbrites. Lighting is radium 250's on reeflex m80's. High flow.

The thing about my panther is it's been in my system for nearly five years now. It didn't really grow at all for the first two or so and I almost lost it completely at one point. But now that it is finally a small colony it is seemingly growing a little faster. I do have another smaller colony in my prop tank under 65k iwasakis that actually looks better and is growing considerably faster. It took a long time for it to get to liking the higher light though. My panther and I have had a tumultuous relationship over the years to say the least but it has never looked better than it does now. I'd post a pic but I've got watermarks on them and I'm not sure that flys over here.

About the lemonade, I think i will frag it and put one back in the DT. That is a great idea.

This skimmer pulls some of the foulest smelling gunk I've honestly ever come across.

Josh is not joking about this. I have never smelled skimmate as foul in my life. I've cleaned numerous types of external and internal skimmers but the stuff this ATB produces puts most to shame. The skimmate is black in color (It has a tar like look) and smells like raw sewage.

Haha, I've almost have made myself and others puke thats for sure.

I just moved my pink panther down a bit and to the other side of the tank. I'm pretty sure I stuck it up high too fast as its been lightening very quickly and looking way too thin for my liking. PE is still great and it healed very fast from a fragging the other day, so it's kind of odd to me that its struggling. Like you, I've had my ups and downs with this coral, but when you can get it happy there isn't a pink acro out there like it.

Your welcome. I'm glad you like them. I definitely need more practice with the top downs. The focus isn't great with the Dustin's and some others. One of these days I will dust off the macro lens and get some detail shots..

Thanks for the nice comments everyone , I'm glad you enjoyed the pics my buddy Jake took the time to edit and post.

Cherry corals pink lemonade, old school chalice not too many people have or talk about.

Thanks again.

Back