Name of my blue's? (Pic)

Blazer88

Premium Member
I've had these zoo's for a while and they are finally starting to spread. What is the name of these? There is a faint green stripe that goes around the skirt. Thanks for the help.

Blue_Zoas.jpg

I checked on that site and couldn't find anything that looked similar. I was hoping someone on here could identify them. It's not a real bid deal, I was just curious.

There is nothing wrong with stupid non-scientific names, it's a great way to identify zoos. Those blues look real nice, if you don't see anything on zoaid that look like them then submit your own name, its fun.

Very nice zoo.. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7041632#post7041632 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by goblinsharkman
....dont understand why they need stupid nonscientific names...
Does that needed?? :rolleyes:

new name for a new coral! good work! looks great, I love how long the skirts are!

Last edited by a moderator:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7042624#post7042624 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Blazer88
Maybe I'll just name them "stupid non-scientific blue", lol.

:lol: :thumbsup:

Interesting....what is the difference between a zoa and a paly? Is it because the skirts are long? And they aren't ready to frag quite yet, I only have like 8 polyps of 'em. Someday though.

I think the mouth shape? just taking a wild guess. I'd like to know the distinction as well. All I know is palys are much bigger, have longer stalks, and sometimes their sides bend downwards.

Well, protopaly (true paly's don't have much of a stalk and are basically a mt with holes that open as mouths). Protopalythoas have longer, thicker stalks and much larger heads than zoas. Check out this article by Sprung. I've been posting it for a while (be nice if we could sticky it for differences between 'zoas'). For a quick idea, PPE's, RPE's, etc. are protopalythoa.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/feb2003/invert.htm

Maybe I'll just name them "stupid non-scientific blue", lol.

:lol: :lol: best name i've ever heard! thats great! :rollface:

no idea if they are protopalys or zoas. dont look like palys thats for sure.

gflat...i think you should just link that website in your profile, the little red house thing. that way you can just do a quick respond and say "click on my little red house" ;) i keep remembering you post that link a bunch of times and then go look for the link to post for others since the question comes up so much. it should be stickied or something. very informative article.

:)

Ah heck, they look like zoa's to me :) They have small heads and there isn't really any stalk to 'em. I shall call them....mini blues.

Someone should name their zoos "expensive trendy zoo #1" .. and so on.
Maybe I should start the trend, I have very similar, if not the same blues.....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7060025#post7060025 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by smp
Someone should name their zoos "expensive trendy zoo #1" .. and so on.
Maybe I should start the trend, I have very similar, if not the same blues.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back