Nano lighting

Bowdowntome

I need a good lighting setup for cheap. Like real cheap. I tried a search but it was down and I was wondering if Oddysea (formerly Jebo) was as cheesy as it is cheap.

Thank you

so its not worth it? YOu think an incadesent hood with couple screw in 50/50 bulbs would be better than a satellite fixture from them?

I wouldn't buy an Oddysea, but it might work well enough. What animals are you trying to keep? Just the mushrooms?

I want some ricordia, some buttons and a few others. I am undecided as to what I want it to turn into as of now though.

Is the unit ugly, or you just don't like the actual lighting?

I saw the 13" unit and thought it might be a good alternative on a nanocube to the heating problems. Then did a search on RC and saw this thread.

Ok, one more edit. Does it still hold together w/o the acrylic splash-guard? Can you replace with glass easily? how deep is the well of the unit (considering halide retro;)

-A

You won't be able to put a MH bulb in it, I don't think. It won't have a proper reflector in any case. I didn't think the units looked likely to work for very long.

Yeah, I heard the reflector sucked. I just wondered if the casing was OK. I could toss a reflector in it or buy a kit that comes with one. So, does it look like the plastic will fail? I am not interested in the lighting and whether it will hold out. Just the casing.

-A

I was able to keep some low light corrals successfully with two LOA 13 watt pc fixtures i bought at Lowe's. It depends on what you want to keep.

Back