Nano Stream on Biocube

4adam12

Would a 6055 be too much for a 29 Biocube or do you have a recomendation for a controllable pump? I posted on the nano forum and got no replies. I have an Apex that I would like to use to control it.

Thanks for your time.

A 6055 would work, but it would be far too much if run at full speed. You would just use the power jumpers that come with the transformer to throttle it down.

FWIW a 6055 at 12V and 30% power would be the weakest Nano Stream we have, only about 200 gph, it will definitely work as there is such a wide range of possible flow settings.

Thanks for the reply Craig, if I am reading right, the 6055 is the smallest controllable pump Tunze makes, correct? If I understand your post I can set the jumpers to control speed but can I set the speed and then also control it with the apex so it has a max setting on it? My plan is to put it on the false wall with the magnet in the back chamber.

Also, is there much difference in the standard and wide version?

Thanks.

Got the 6055 put in, love it. Can't hear a thing from it. I do have a question though. I got the 1611 safety connector with it for a battery back up. If I have the apex controlling it, and I lose power, will the pump still work or will it rely on the apex to function?

Thanks

Our controller models are powered by the pump so they would work, but I am fairly sure the Apex is powered by an external power supply, if the controller had no power, the pump will not run until the controller cable is disconnected.

Back