Nanook!!!

Bob60070

Nanook has to be the greatest asset a local reef club could possibly have. I spent about 6 years involved with Chicago area's biggest reef club, CMAS, and I do not remember anyone who not only has the knowledge but the willingness to share said knowledge with others. He has opened his home to us and has given us unbelievable deals on things he is growing in his tanks.
My brother has just set up his first reef tank and he and I went to Nook's tonight to get him some rock with a few other niceties. He also spend a great deal of time helping my brother, and me, to understand some of complexities of this hobby. Also a few beers to boot. We are so lucky to have him in our group.

Nanook has to be the greatest asset a local reef club could possibly have. I spent about 6 years involved with Chicago area's biggest reef club, CMAS, and I do not remember anyone who not only has the knowledge but the willingness to share said knowledge with others. He has opened his home to us and has given us unbelievable deals on things he is growing in his tanks.

My brother has just set up his first reef tank and he and I went to Nook's tonight to get him some rock with a few other niceties. He also spend a great deal of time helping my brother, and me, to understand some of complexities of this hobby. Also a few beers to boot. We are so lucky to have him in our group.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob, it was good meeting your brother, John, last night. It's always fun seeing someone new come into the hobby and having a blast. He's lucky he has you as a mentor! I've enjoyed our visits and look forward to many more:beer:

I'm just about done with this phase. Need to take some pictures of the damsels for an interested person, then liquidate the few remaining corals, then catch and move the fish I'm keeping to the 300 gallon stock tank. Thanks to everyone who has stopped by the last few weeks to help me remove 1100 gallons of giant soft corals.

There are many here better than me! Capncapo spent countless months helping me build the room that required tons of work, knowledge and forethought. Without his help, and the help of Lost Marbles (RIP) on my electric, and all the guys who helped plumb the system 9 years ago, I wouldn't have this huge system!

Mostly, we have a great bunch of guys and gals that make up SLASH! Welcome back to St Louis.

Back