natural aptasia control

freewilly2

Deos anyone have any natural aptasia control they are looking to remove from their tank? Nudis, peppermint of file fishfish ? Located in Broward

Did the peppermint shrimp bother your corals? What happen to them after they have eaten all the aptasia?

I put 5 peppermints in a 65 and all aptasia were gone in a week. Haven't seen one in over a year. The peppermints just scavenge

I just ordered about 15 Nudibranches. Once they have completed cleaning my tank I am planning to sell them if anyone will be interested in buying them. They might be ready in a few weeks. Please let me know.

They have disappeared. I like to think they are somewhere in the rocks. I hope they weren't an expensive snack for my fish. I still have a lot of aptasia. I just picked up a Copperband butterfly the other day but I really don't see it picking at any aptasia.

I had a filefish that worked amazing until he ate all the aptasia and started going after my zoas.

Matted filefish has been my favorite method of aptasia control.
Peppermint shrimp would be my number 2, only following because of a slightly higher chance of "going rouge" and harassing corals.

my peppermint shrimp are doing a good job cutting down on the number of small aptasias in my tank. just need to manually get rid of the big ones now

So the Nudibranchs did nothing but feed my fish or get caught in my filters. What worked was a copperband butterfly. Unfortunately after it completely eliminated all the aptasia, it died about a month afterwards which was tonight. I've heard this is common for wild cause copperbands. They do work for aptasia control though after spending hundreds of dollars on other types on control solutions that did not work.

Back