NCRC/MBRK - Reef Club Sign Up/Roll Call

Kraylen

Yeah I know, I'm lazy.. took me a year to finally do this.

If you are interested in becoming part of our small club then sign up here. Put down a location if you don't have one in your profile for my own sake.

One of the reasons I have no pushed this as much is lack of LFS, reefers and what not in the 831 area. We really don't have any SW stores that keep a updated stock of goodies or really care about the hobby like most of us. The few people I have meet from this area have all been on the same page as I am.

As a part of the NorCalReefClub, I have been talking to the board about getting a Monterey Bay section started up. Well, this is it. Ultimately, We will be NCRC.. but since we are so far away this will be our own little chapter.

NCRC has a DBTC(Don't Break The Chain) program some of you may know about. It is an amazing program that helps put nice corals into the hands of people who may not normally come across them, while also putting species in several tanks just in case say.. a crash happens you can restart your colonies with DBTC you have previously banked. More information on the DBTC program can be found at the Norcalreefclub forum/site.

Assuming people are down for the club and it stays the small size I think it will, we can hold meeting and smaller swaps right here in Salinas at my house or other friendly, chill locations. For larger events going on in the Bay Area, we can car pool and plan to make things easy for everybody. I am usually going up to the Bay for club stuff 2-3 times a month and anyone from our club is more an welcome to join.

We just had a frag swap Jan, in Milpitas and it was awesome! I actually saw several people from the 831 there which pushed me to want to get everyone involved. I know we all have some amazing tanks out here in the MB... lets do more with them!

If you want to get involved, I will start a sign up here.

I will post more information as it comes.

norcalreefclub.org

Thanks!
-Kraylen

Yo! Kray.. can I get in.. although I dont reside in 831, I grew up there and work in the area.. I'm down for some club meets man.

I just tried to register with NCRC and before I even got my account activated they banned me. Does anyone know who I can contact about this? I tired to send an email to the link that they provide for more info and it was returned to me as an invalid email address. I have never even posted or read on their forum before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Back