Need Gigas, PLEASE help!!!

mrdebutis

I'm really in need of a gigas clam so if anyone could please let me know where I could get one or if you have one for sale, please let me know!! I've checked everywhere and with no luck. Someone has to have one, please please please let me know where they're available from!

Have you tried contacting Barry at ClamsDirect.com or Ron at EastCoastClams.com? I'm sure they can order one for you.

There haven't been any in since the end of last year. Hopefully soon. H. hippopus are plentiful however. Adam

my lfs had them on their ordering list this week. 2's, 3's and 4's. i know they are getting at at least 1 3"er. technically, they would ship one to you, but i don't think they have much experience shipping things. their phone number is (540) 552-2041 just in case you want to try. where do you live? i'm planning on driving a few hours this weekend to find a cool backpacking spot. if there's anything out your way, i'd be happy to deliver it.

but my main point is the wholesalers currently have a batch, so look around quick and also see what the LFS can order, and you will find one. it'll probably be a few months before any more are available.

Last edited:
bdr127 said:
justphish has a HUGE gigas in stock.... check that site out.

Lets hope he has a REALLY big tank for the clam that you are talking about !!
Its about 12" (if i'm not mistaken) in lenghth !!!

Re: Need Gigas, PLEASE help!!!

mrdebutis said:
I'm really in need of a gigas clam so if anyone could please let me know where I could get one or if you have one for sale, please let me know!! I've checked everywhere and with no luck. Someone has to have one, please please please let me know where they're available from!
What did you do? Kill a clam while you were supposed to be tank-sitting for someone? You sound like your life depends on getting that clam. Reminds me of the movie Duce Biggalo.:lol:

Dazed1 said:
Lets hope he has a REALLY big tank for the clam that you are talking about !!
Its about 12" (if i'm not mistaken) in lenghth !!!

No way! It's bigger than that!!! :eek1:

Back