Need help, please.. About setup information as detail as possible.

vincentsuryanto

Hi, I'm newbie on saltwater aquarium. I have may question which i cant find the answer at google. Maybe too rarely to discuss.
1. What reef / coral which safe for newbie? Is reef / coral poisonus like anemone if die in main tank? I have bad experience which anemone die at midnight, and at morning it kill all my fish and make everything cloudly and crash.
2. Is sea cucumber poisoning water?
3. My clownfish have fade color. The orange turn pale yellow, and black is fading. The tails also look pale and transparent. Is them sick? or because of food quality?
dfgdfg-jpg.1593477

rtutyruty-jpg.1593479

4. I have sump with 3 rooms. I have sponge, coral fragments, bio ring, active carbon / charcoal, and skimmer. I need info about which order is correct for put in room 1, 2, and 3.
5. How I can glue live rocks? What glue can I use?
6. My first tank is full of brown algae, and all cocepods are gone / disappear. What should I do?
7. My other clownfish looks like have white spot on his body, like sand or salt on body. But it appear at morning or night when I turn blue lamp. Sometimes it gone. Strangely enough, other fish (Yellowtail Damselfish, mono fish) dont like this white pattern, just clown and angelfish. If it really WS, then how I can do? can they survive?
nemo-jpg.1593480

Please help me. Hope you all have great day. ^^ thanks so much or every answer.

Hi, I'm newbie on saltwater aquarium. I have may question which i cant find the answer at google. Maybe too rarely to discuss.
1. What reef / coral which safe for newbie? Is reef / coral poisonus like anemone if die in main tank? I have bad experience which anemone die at midnight, and at morning it kill all my fish and make everything cloudly and crash.
A properly cycled tank can handled a little death---except anemones and sea cucumbers: those are bad. Best starter coral is probably mushrooms.
2. Is sea cucumber poisoning water? THey are poisonous, and can, yes.
3. My clownfish have fade color. The orange turn pale yellow, and black is fading. The tails also look pale and transparent. Is them sick? or because of food quality? Water quality. Read all the posts permanently stuck at the top of this forum.
dfgdfg-jpg.1593477

rtutyruty-jpg.1593479

4. I have sump with 3 rooms. I have sponge, coral fragments, bio ring, active carbon / charcoal, and skimmer. I need info about which order is correct for put in room 1, 2, and 3. Skip the sponge: leads to bad water. Probably the bioring does, whatever that is. Skimmer in center compartment, return pump in last compartment.
5. How I can glue live rocks? What glue can I use? I don't glue rocks. Just set them carefully underwater.
6. My first tank is full of brown algae, and all cocepods are gone / disappear. What should I do? Again, water quality, too much phosphate, likely.
7. My other clownfish looks like have white spot on his body, like sand or salt on body. But it appear at morning or night when I turn blue lamp. Sometimes it gone. Strangely enough, other fish (Yellowtail Damselfish, mono fish) dont like this white pattern, just clown and angelfish. If it really WS, then how I can do? can they survive?This is likely ich, which needs to be treated in quarantine, never in your tank.
nemo-jpg.1593480

Need help, please.. About setup information as detail as possible.

2. Is sea cucumber poisoning water?
3. My clownfish have fade color. The orange turn pale yellow, and black is fading. The tails also look pale and transparent. Is them sick? or because of food quality?
dfgdfg-jpg.1593477

rtutyruty-jpg.1593479

4. I have sump with 3 rooms. I have sponge, coral fragments, bio ring, active carbon / charcoal, and skimmer. I need info about which order is correct for put in room 1, 2, and 3.
5. How I can glue live rocks? What glue can I use?
6. My first tank is full of brown algae, and all cocepods are gone / disappear. What should I do?
7. My other clownfish looks like have white spot on his body, like sand or salt on body. But it appear at morning or night when I turn blue lamp. Sometimes it gone. Strangely enough, other fish (Yellowtail Damselfish, mono fish) dont like this white pattern, just clown and angelfish. If it really WS, then how I can do? can they survive?
nemo-jpg.1593480

Please help me. Hope you all have great day. ^^ thanks so much or every answer.

1) corals for noobs generally are mushrooms, Zoas, Palythoas, GSP, Xenia. Pretty much all soft corals. Here are some YouTube videos on the topic of new reefer friendly corals:

https://youtu.be/Dnj8Q9CGAsk

https://youtu.be/WBmW6sFqCuU

https://youtu.be/Hny_0mvPbPA

https://youtu.be/FcxUY1ZJ-i8

Generally a cycled tank won't crash from one thing dying overnight.

2) Sea cucumbers do not poison water by living. However, they CAN nuke your tank if they get stressed and die - they can release a toxin.

3) I can't load the pictures, sorry.

4) id go skimmer, all your filter media (rock and such), then your return pump.

5) to glue live rock you can use reef safe epoxy, super glue, or something like coralCrete. If you will glue live rock I recommend super glue.. that way you can still break it and move the rocks easily. Epoxy is your strongest bet if you plan on having something like an engineer goby.

6) ignore the brown algae. It's diatoms. They're a natural part of the cycling process, and will become food for bacteria. Here's some in my new tank I set up last week
cf874f19b1db64817f8c59986ee4e648.jpg

7) same thing.. photos aren't loading. White spots if you have white sand could be the sand or ich.. but I doubt ich if it goes away and is only one. I'm at a loss

Last edited:
I had a few sea cucumbers in mine and they eventually perished with no I'll effects.

Interesting. I wonder if it's by the species or events leading to its death? I've read on other forums that they can nuke a rank and it made me afraid to get one despite really wanting one because I think they're so cool.

What species did you own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) corals for noobs generally are mushrooms, Zoas, Palythoas, GSP, Xenia. Pretty much all soft corals. Here are some YouTube videos on the topic of new reefer friendly corals:

https://youtu.be/Dnj8Q9CGAsk

https://youtu.be/WBmW6sFqCuU

https://youtu.be/Hny_0mvPbPA

https://youtu.be/FcxUY1ZJ-i8

Generally a cycled tank won't crash from one thing dying overnight.

2) Sea cucumbers do not poison water by living. However, they CAN nuke your tank if they get stressed and die - they can release a toxin.

3) I can't load the pictures, sorry.

4) id go skimmer, all your filter media (rock and such), then your return pump.

5) to glue live rock you can use reef safe epoxy, super glue, or something like coralCrete. If you will glue live rock I recommend super glue.. that way you can still break it and move the rocks easily. Epoxy is your strongest bet if you plan on having something like an engineer goby.

6) ignore the brown algae. It's diatoms. They're a natural part of the cycling process, and will become food for bacteria. Here's some in my new tank I set up last week
cf874f19b1db64817f8c59986ee4e648.jpg

7) same thing.. photos aren't loading. White spots if you have white sand could be the sand or ich.. but I doubt ich if it goes away and is only one. I'm at a loss

Thank u very much for response. :) You give me info that I need.

Sorry. I've upload pic of num 3 question (fade.jpg), and num 7 question in attachment (nemo.jpg).

Now I doing re-cycling because of white spot infect all my nemos, tangs and angel fish. A nemo and naso tang died yesterday. :( but this ich not infecting blue tail damsel, gobby, and mono fish (still healthty).
all infected fish are in QT now. Hope they can survive.

Attachments

• nemo.jpg
    nemo.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 0
  • fade.jpg
    fade.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0
The clownfish in the pic #2 and 3 is sick. Hard to tell with what from picture, but could be Ich or Oodinium (velvet). Put it/them in a QT tank with copper med to treat.

Back