Need Help!!! Rhizotrochus Typus???

skydragon

i need help. there baby pop out from side about 12-18 heads and i can see them very good. dont know is These are "runners", trying to attach to whatever is close by? here what i want to know i don't see any Tenticles that come out from tho baby? so do they eat? or how should i feed them? should i frag them out? so i can feed them better? i need help anyone plz? here some of pic
url]
152923mini-03072008117.jpg
152923mini-03072008114.jpg

They probably get energy from the mother polyp. As they develop, they should grow tentacles and start creating energy for themselves. Just keep trying to feed them.

i just dont know if These are "runners that attach with him? or these are his baby polyp? you see if he the mother colony then they should get energy from the mother. but if these are runner that attach with him then. and if so then i maybe can just frag.how do they eat? or they dont eat? i know these are deep sea species so they dont feed from light. is anyone here that have one and have baby? but i see them split befor. HELP!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't frag them off until they are larger. You will increase survivability by waiting. I have not heard of any other Rhyzos budding in captivity.

They look like little euphyllia tentacles to me, try to get a better picture if you can. Not that I doubt they are baby Rhyzos; it will just help us to asses your situation.

Feed mysis, cyclopeeze.

ok do this go google Rhizotrochus Typus is in page2 is the frist 1
some reson i can not show the link here???

IMGP66160028.jpg

Jen's pic above looks like the 'runners' are a hard hollow skeleton though. What I see in your pic looks more like a fleshy tentacle.

he stuck at my rock so i cant take him out and take pic of him back like jen's but i feel them is like root and no tentacle comeing out fome baby?
url]

had it about 1year or more. hope someone who has success raise them. and know how to feed tho baby? they are amazing to watch them eat.

grow out babies on it's base that i don't know. but i see them split befor because my buddy have one about 3year he's split so!

Back