Need help updating the APEX

m0nkie

hey guys. need some help updating this APEX fusion. I've held back updating but now I cannot use Fusion anymore unless I do the upgrade.

The issue is APEX Flash Utility not connecting to my APEX.

my routers work like this.

PC > ISP Router (bedroom) > Extension Router (livingroom) > APEX

everything is wire connected. There is no wifi between APEX and PC. There are 2 different brand routers though.

instruction says
Once that's complete, go to your computer open the firmware folder and double click onto the Apex flash utility. This will open the "˜Apex Flash Utility program.
For PC:
Start by searching for the Apex using the "˜Magnifying Glass' button feature. If your Apex appears, click on it and press OK.

I can't find the APEX with it. I manually entered the IP address displayed on my APEX display but still cannot connect.

anyone have experience with this? thanks

ohhhh my bad. my firewall got turned back on after system reboot. found the issue. thanks!

I have not heard about issues with the new firmware, what is going on? (I was thinking about upgrading too).

More on topic, it is possible to download old firmware versions if there are issues with this one. There doesn't seem to be a single site with them, but I was able to google a few different versions.

Whiskey

it's not allowing me to use the APEX fusion at all. so I can't control anything right now.

you can log directly into your Apex from your PC or tablet default user is admin and password is 1234 unfortunately the are usually set to DHCP so I can't tell you your IP without lodging into either your router or Apex display

there is another way if you have apple, there's an app called fing and it will give you the IP but will call it by the name of your WiFi adapter for the Apex

Back