Need help with outside access please

dankreef

So basically I can access my system in my house in the web browser and in the app by putting in the local ip of my wifi adapter hooked up to my apex. I have a static IP for my house that I requested. The problem is accessing it outside. My router has a setting (net gear) to allow access through remote management in a specific port. I set up port forwarding like I would normally but am un-able to access my apex through my static IP in a web browser. I can access it locally using the controllers direct IP when on my network. I am stumped I can't figure out why I can't put in my static IP: 208.74.110.56 the remote management port is 8090. I forwarded my network adapter connected to apex ip and put it on port 8080 and set 8080 in my apex controller. What am I doing wrong? When I run the diagnostic if I turn remote management on it says my static ip and port 8090 is good and open. If I try my static and 8080 (apex port) it says closed. I think the remote management is only for accessing settings on my router. I'm not sure, i've been trying different things for 3 days now i'm about to lose my mind. Please help ! Old school apex got it about 3 years ago? Does remote management need to be on in my router or is that just for accessing router changes?

remote management is for router only.
you need to be using your lan ip with the apex http port.
this port can be configured in apex under configuration -> network when accessing apex locally.
the default port is 80 which i recommend changing due to high number of attack traffic on that port.
you will need to make sure the port is forwarded correctly on your router also.

Back