Need Help With Stand & Sump

Forsaken77

I need a response asap because I'm trying to catch a black Friday sale...

I wanted to get the Marineland 120xh tank, which is 60x18x26. Now here is my dilemma... The Monterey stand interior is 15.75" wide with a back center brace. The front doors are (there are 2) are 11 inches and 32 inches wide.

I'm trying to fit a Trigger 36 inch sump in here, which is 36x15x16.

I dont know if I angle it in, if it'll hit the back center brace. And then there's only .75 inches difference between the width of the stand and sump.

So I wanted to know if anyone has the Marineland 120xh tank on its Monterey stand, the one with a plywood top, and a Trigger Systems 36s Sump that can confirm it fits.

If I can't confirm it fits, I have to go with the Trigger 30, which is a significant reduction in size, but I know it'll fit. So if somebody has this stand and sump, PLEASE tell me your experience.

Like I said, the sale is today only on the sump. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Make a cube the size of the sump you want out of cardboard and masking tape. Then try and fit it in your stand. You should be able to figure it out for yourself if nobody here helps.

Make a cube the size of the sump you want out of cardboard and masking tape. Then try and fit it in your stand. You should be able to figure it out for yourself if nobody here helps.

I don't have the tank & stand yet. Im upgrading to that tank and stand. But if I can save $50 off the sump, I rather get it today.

Or you may be able to fit sump in going from the top before you put tank on stand but downside is you won't be able to get out without breaking tank down...never mind...I see it has the plywood top

most of the stands do not have a solid top on them or even bottom for that matter.. you can lower the sump into the stand from the top or set the stand over the sump..

There is always a way as long as the tank is empty...

It has a plywood top, I had the Monterey stand for a 250 deep dimension and they have solid tops with over flow areas cut out. The sides had removable panels on that one tho so I was able to get my sump in that way

If it's all at one store try and fit it there or see what return policy is on the sump if it don't work

It's not at a store, none of it. My brother-in-law has a retail account, so can order me the tank and stand from the distributor for cheap. As to why I prefer to buy the sump on my own is because if he uses his connections to buy the sump you have to pay for shipping. Where as shipping is free if you spend over a certain amount, plus with the sale, it's cheaper to buy it myself today. Shipping on a big item like the sump costs a lot.

I also don't know for sure if the center brace can easily be removed. So I don't want to chance it and have to pay to ship the sump back.

It has a plywood top, I had the Monterey stand for a 250 deep dimension and they have solid tops with over flow areas cut out. The sides had removable panels on that one tho so I was able to get my sump in that way

This stand, because it's only 18 inches wide, doesn't have the removable side doors. They only come on 24 inch wide and up.

How did you like the stand? I'm not getting the matching canopy, but wanted to get a sturdy stand. I have their Majesty stand now, the one with the open top, and it's a piece of crap. I have a FOWLR 93 gallon RR Cube on it and every day I'm wondering if today is the day it collapses.

The stand was way to short, I had to put my sump in side ways and flex the wood and sump 1/32 of an inch or so to flip the sumpthe correct way. I don't buy premfg stands anymore.

I always build my own

The stand was way to short, I had to put my sump in side ways and flex the wood and sump 1/32 of an inch or so to flip the sumpthe correct way. I don't buy premfg stands anymore.

I always build my own

Yea, the Deep Dimension stands are a different size of Monterey, like you said, shorter. The regular Monterey is 34 inches high, not 25. My cube stand is short like that. I hate it. That's why I was gonna pay the extra money for the better quality stand that is taller.

Back