need ID of freebie anemone

we_want_Nemo

Hello,

in my second shipment I've gotton TWO freebie anemones :dance:

One is a condy, and is doing great. She is eating the frozen food we've been feeding her, and she found a great spot!

The other one has almost a pink or reddish foot, and on her tentacles she has what looks like tons of little fingers that cross the tentacles!
I've tried to find out, what anemone that is, and how to care for it (since she really doesn't like the food we're giving her :( )

Any ideas???????

Thanks for the help

Manuela

Look up "Epicystis crucifer" or "rockflower anemone". Epicystis used to be Phymanthis (or some similarly mangled spelling. It's all greek to me :D)

Same food as the Condy. Just a pea-sized (or smaller) piece of raw fish or shrimp, stroked lightly across the tentacles. The anemone will 'sting' the shrimp, and roll the food into its mouth.

hdtran said:
Look up "Epicystis crucifer" or "rockflower anemone". Epicystis used to be Phymanthis (or some similarly mangled spelling. It's all greek to me :D)

Same food as the Condy. Just a pea-sized (or smaller) piece of raw fish or shrimp, stroked lightly across the tentacles. The anemone will 'sting' the shrimp, and roll the food into its mouth.

Correct!

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

thank you again,

even so the pictures that I've found so far don't show too much detail ... I've got a Rockflower Anemone ... COOL

I guess, so far she just wasn't hungry ....

Manuela

Back