need more pressure for new ro/di

seabeedoc12

Well, I picked up an ro/di filter from aquapure to keep my algae down, etc, and my off base water pressure is too weak to run it. The pump they advertise is another $180. I guess I could fill water at work, which is sort of a pain. I was wondering if anyone has experience w/ these systems and could offer some advice.

My tank has been maintaining a good temp after taking off the acrylic tops, but I think that has caused 3 of my new T5's to burn out. Not sure if it was the moisture or them getting too hot, but I've already wasted 3 bulbs (luckily they sent me an extra light setup free!). I put the tank lids back on leaving them only partially open and got a fan that isn't dizzyingly loud, we'll see if that keeps the temp ok. Anyone else had problems w/ T5's going out in 1-3 months due to heat or moisture?

Thanks!

C:\Documents and Settings\Sams\My Documents\My Videos\My Pictures\april2009 010.jpg

Last edited:
sounds like you have no choice but to run a permeate pump. The link below is what you need.
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewI...osis-Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies~vendor~.html
The other thing you could do is try to run it from an exterior hose bib and see if you get the extra pressure you need. thats what i do with mine since the pressure in the house is lower than outside. Just is a pain to connect and disconnect when you need it.

As far as your bulbs burning out due to moisture or heat, I am not so sure that is the cause. Depending on the brand of bulbs you get some are better than others. I have has some that last a week and others that last years. Sometimes its hit or miss. best bet is to increase fan circulation in the hood. better to have a little noise than to have cooked coral.

agree with Jeff. I run t-5's and I have noticed unless you have cool air moving across the bulbs they will go out alot faster. I run t-5s w/o a fan for now. I am in the process of finishing my new light rack. I am going to be running both metal halides with 6 54w t-5's. Get a pump, you are going to get tired of filling water at work, too much more work.

Back