NEo Zeo question

I agree they are a better resource for that, especially since the rest of us do not know what is actually in the various bottles they sell.

But FWIW, I do not consider the media itself an especially important part of their process. it is just a place for bacteria to grow. Bacteria can grow in plenty of other places in the tank if they are not provided the media.

What did you want the media alone to accomplish? I don't think it will do anything special.

Re: NEo Zeo question

"Neo Zeo" is not a Korallen-Zucht ("ZEOvit ") product. I would doubt that the folks who drive ZEOville have much to say about it, but you never know ...

... :lol:

Neo Zeo is a product from Brightwell Aquatics ... ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13936040#post13936040 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by johnnybravo234
Can I run the zeolite media without the other additives?
Skim the Brightwell's manual. It presents some interesting departures from Korallen-Zucht's ZEOvit methodology with regards to the media and its application.

The Brightwell Aquatics NeoZeo Method
(manual, first version, 2008)
http://www.aquabuys.com/neozeo-method.pdf

This thread may, or may not, be of use to you ...

Brightwell Aquatics NeoZeo method
(RC SPS Keepers forum, just dave, 09.08.2008)
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1467662&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

JMO ... HTH
:thumbsup:

Ah, I did not realize which product he meant.

I'd go back to my original question of what you want the media to accomplish.

FWIW, I don't believe most of the claims relating to the ammonia binding aspect of the media being important. Then again, Chris Brightwell amd I have a different understanding of many chemical principles. :D

I will give you a little history. I have an sps/clam tank. I have a problem with my tank that I just cant seem to fix. I have always had trouble with nutrient balance. I am dosing sugar and feeding more but my corals now have horrible growth and are pale. When I dont dose carbon, I end up with too much phosphate. So no matter what I do I cant win. I do not run GFO because of my clams. I have a friend who runs full zeo and his tank is amazing. I was wondering if I use the zeolite and continue to dose carbon would it help feed my starving corals (my caps arent even growing although they have nice color). From what I've read, the zeolite will produce food for my corals so that I can feed less, add less phosphate to my tank, dose less carbon, and finally have decent color and growth from my sps. I need to keep this as cheap as possible. For $8 for 2 pounds, the neozeo is very appealing. To be honest, I think many of the zeo additives are snake oil. Thanks for all of the previous input.

I do not run GFO because of my clams.

What does GFO use have to do with clams?

FFrom what I've read, the zeolite will produce food for my corals so that I can feed less, add less phosphate to my tank, dose less carbon, and finally have decent color and growth from my sps.

Are you otherwise feeding your corals? Not fish, but corals?

I do not directly feed my corals. I mainly have the tank for the clams. I am just tired of looking at certain unhealthy corals. There is a correlation between the use of GFO and pinched mantle so I would rather not try it.

the zeolite will produce food for my corals so that I can feed less, add less phosphate to my tank, dose less carbon, and finally have decent color

I do not directly feed my corals.

So if you do not now feed corals, then I would not assume that such a method would allow any less feeding, right? So then there is no decrease in phosphate added, no less carbon dosing needed, etc.

The bacteria growing on a zeolite or any other surface are not going to feed fish.

I feed my fish TOO much so that my corals do not bleach out. I was under the impression that this zeolith creates bacterioplankton for the sps. The ammount of fish feces my corals require would decrease therefore I would not need to feed my fish as much which would reduce phosphate.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13941730#post13941730 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Faisal1976us
I dont like brightwell product because (RESTOR) burne most of my SPS corals ! :(

Hi Faisal1976, can you elaberate further on how RESTOR burnt most of your SPS. I recently bought a bottle but haven't used it yet. Do you think you were over dosing? Thanks

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13984539#post13984539 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by yannicksjh
Hi Faisal1976, can you elaberate further on how RESTOR burnt most of your SPS. I recently bought a bottle but haven't used it yet. Do you think you were over dosing? Thanks

Yes ,, i think i over dosing , so be careful from it !

Back