Neptune apex aqua controller UPDATE

TRUKINGNY

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up Neptune came out with a update for the aqua controller new version is 4.05-4B11

What good is my Apex if I'm not even hooked up! Who buys a $500 controller and keeps it in the draw LOL

thanks
Richie

Not being controller Savvy, How do I go about Installing the Update? If it's not simple I'll have to get a friend to do this so i don't screw up my whole tank LOL
Bill

Question

Question

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up Neptune came out with a update for the aqua controller new version is 4.05-4B11

If i download this update will it remove my current settings and then have to reprogram everything? If you could LMK that would be great.
Thanks in advance
Bill:hammer:

Upgrades real easy....and none of your programming is lost.

Download the firmware from Neptune, http://www.neptunesys.com/apex_4_05.zip
Unzip all the files, just run the zpp you downloaded, note where it is.
Run the Apex flash utility
Fill in all fields, defaults are auto filled in there but if you changed the password or port you will need to change them in the software.
Update firmware.
Update web pages.
Log into controller and verify new firmware, Configuration -> Network Setup (on bottom)
Update all modules, Configuration -> Module Setup
Choose each module from the pull down, select the upgrade firmware button and submit.

Only warning is not to do the upgrade via wireless connections, wireless upgrade has a high fail rate.

Wow Thanks

Wow Thanks

Upgrades real easy....and none of your programming is lost.

Download the firmware from Neptune, http://www.neptunesys.com/apex_4_05.zip
Unzip all the files, just run the zpp you downloaded, note where it is.
Run the Apex flash utility
Fill in all fields, defaults are auto filled in there but if you changed the password or port you will need to change them in the software.
Update firmware.
Update web pages.
Log into controller and verify new firmware, Configuration -> Network Setup (on bottom)
Update all modules, Configuration -> Module Setup
Choose each module from the pull down, select the upgrade firmware button and submit.

Only warning is not to do the upgrade via wireless connections, wireless upgrade has a high fail rate.

I couldn't have asked for it any clearer, Thank you and I think I can get it done with your Instructions. I already downloaded the upgrade and Saved it to my folder for Apex.
Thanks again
Bill

Will this upgrade work with a MAC? If so, how? I downloaded the zip file and it is a windows file. BTW, I use a MAC because Im not computer savvy...

Funny!

Funny!

Will this upgrade work with a MAC? If so, how? I downloaded the zip file and it is a windows file. BTW, I use a MAC because Im not computer savvy...

I can relate to that:headwally: Although I can not answer your Question.
Bill

It can be done but requires a little more know how with the MAC, the software is a PC based app so to get it to work on a MAC you'll need a PC emulator or terminal.

May be easier to find a buddy with a notebook, usually takes 5 minutes to do.

Guys, I'm planning on getting a controller. Do they have to be hooked up by Ethernet? Of can they be ran wirelessly?

DeL

Guys, I'm planning on getting a controller. Do they have to be hooked up by Ethernet? Of can they be ran wirelessly?

DeL

Both except wireless is a little more involved need 1 extra router to connect the controller directly into and have it run as an extension to the existing router.

I recommend hard wiring it. I'm just going through the process of setting one up and I have it run wirelessly through an Airport Express. It's slooooooowww and I've read reports of the same in other forum with other wireless setups/devices. Having trouble getting the web server to function also, though that may be due to other factors. Still, I want to take the wireless latency angle out of the equation since cat5 is fairly inexpensive. Not to mention the fact that the airport express/extreme ethernet extension isn't the most reliable during power resets.

Firmware upgraded but can't connect outside home network

Firmware upgraded but can't connect outside home network

Thanks for the advice to borrow a PC for the firmware update. Took less than 5 minutes once I figured out that I had to run an ethernet cable to to the controller and disable the wireless bridge. Now, my only issue is getting the APEX app to connect when I leave my home wireless network. I am using a MAC laptop and an apple wireless router. The app works fine when I am at home but as soon as I leave I get the "connection failed" message. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. I read somewhere to change my port away from 80. I changed it to 801 and my DHCP is off on the apex controller.

Signed,
Confused and waaayyy over my head with this network stuff.

well first off do yo know how to port forward your router. if so then on the apex it says server settings or network settings just change it to pot 8080 or something and then forward the port on your router. do you have ichat because if you want i can do it for you over screen sharing.
Thanks for the advice to borrow a PC for the firmware update. Took less than 5 minutes once I figured out that I had to run an ethernet cable to to the controller and disable the wireless bridge. Now, my only issue is getting the APEX app to connect when I leave my home wireless network. I am using a MAC laptop and an apple wireless router. The app works fine when I am at home but as soon as I leave I get the "connection failed" message. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. I read somewhere to change my port away from 80. I changed it to 801 and my DHCP is off on the apex controller.

Signed,
Confused and waaayyy over my head with this network stuff.

Back