Neptune Apex ATK (Auto Topoff Kit)

I also had the Tunze 3155. Works well but I prefer the ATK. It has a high level optical sensor as well a float cut off AND it learns how long it normally takes to top off your tank. If it goes too long, it turns off and beeps. You can add a 3rd optical sensor to use as a ATO reservoir low level sensor. Pump is much quieter than the Tunze.

Tunze is fixed, has a contact high sensor (that will false alarm if water splashes on it) and a fixed timer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would prefer the Tunze as you don't have all your eggs in one basket.
Neptune fails then everything will fail.

I would prefer the Tunze as you don't have all your eggs in one basket.

Neptune fails then everything will fail.

He is using it as a stand alone. Not tied to an Apex. Not sure that he does.

Neptune Apex ATK (Auto Topoff Kit)

I'm running mine hooked up the the apex. It has been solid

You could run it in standalone mode but then you won't get the alerts via text from it

I will be running stand alone. So, will I get an alarm EVERY time I feed, as the water level in my sump rises? Will this be the case with both ATK and Tunze?

I'm not sure that is a good idea. How are you going to be alerted if there is a problem?

My concern is when I am there, feeding. If I am away-what I really need it for-I wont hear any alarms anyway. I suppose I could plug the ATK out every time I feed but what a pain!

I'm not sure the ATK will alarm on a high water level if it wasn't working. I'm pretty sure I don't get an alarm when I turn off my return.

The ATK is hard programmed at the factory so that it will alarm if the upper backup sensor is submerged for more than 10 min (might be 15, I'm not positive.) Any alarm requires a hard reset by unplugging the device. (This also erases the IQ fill memory.)

If you turn of your pump to feed and the water level rises high enough then you will get an alarm. This was one of my main complaints with the ATK.

You can get a mount and move the backup sensor higher which would fix that problem. (The Tunze lets you mount the backup sensor separately by default.)

The other potential issue with the ATK is that the IQ Fill protection function will shut it off and cause an alarm if the pump runs for more than 3x the average run time. With my bean animal overflow system, the water level in the return chamber drops at startup, causing the ATO to kick in. The time it needs to start up and stabilize is long enough that it causes the IQ Fill function to alarm. Your system my be different, but this is something to consider.

If you're planning on getting a Neptune Apex in the future, then the ATK makes sense. Otherwise I'd recommend the Tunze for about the same cost. It has a bullet proof history, many of the same safety features implemented slightly differently and is more convenient to use IME

Yep. Unless you have a controller and can kill power to the ATO while in feed male

Just received my ATK. Haven't set it up yet, but with an Apex, I think it's definitely the way to go. Tunze might be better standalone, but having control and logging of the ATO is unbeatable.

Back