New 150 Gallon Custom A.G.E. Frag Tank Build

Had a bit of an issue with the heater (no controller yet) and the acros are pretty much full on RTN :(

Everything else seems fine. Kind of expected something like this since the tank really hasn't worked out it's bugs yet.

Bummed mainly about the Strawberry Shortcake :(

I'll just get a bigger one once the doser is running correctly.

Also replacing my lights today with three Cheap Chinese LEDs mounted higher. Wasn't really getting the full spectrum...

New lights in...

Getting much better spread...

Can always add 6 more down the line as well :)

9_3_2015_lights.jpg

Restocking the tank now for the next round of QT.

Mexican Turbo Snails are finally back in season, so picked up 40.

Going to try to keep a Blue and Orange Linckia Stars as well as a Sand Sifting Star and Sea Hare through a 72-90 day QT period too. Will more than likely need to feed a sheet of nori a day.

Also got a few new acros and misc other corals. Will be picking up more next week.

11052015_snails.jpg

11052015_stars.jpg

Added a bunch of new frags:

11092015_frags_01.jpg

11092015_frags_02.jpg

Blue and Orange Linckias are doing well, so is the Sea Hare:

11092015_stars_sea_hare.jpg

Installed the UV sterilizer in the sump:

11092015_uv.jpg

If they are the standard Chinese black box, you can open them up and pull the lenses, will get you 120* optics that way if your looking for a wider light spread. Tank and everything looks great, jealous of the dimensions while looking at my 40b frag system :)

If they are the standard Chinese black box, you can open them up and pull the lenses, will get you 120* optics that way if your looking for a wider light spread. Tank and everything looks great, jealous of the dimensions while looking at my 40b frag system :)

Great idea!

What exactly do you have to do to them?

how is growth with the chinese lights. i used them and didnt like them. On new build went t5 ATI for better spread and diffusion.

Back