new 265 tank. advice welcome.

Kaiser24

just got a new tank today and I'm excited to get the ball rolling and get the tank running. I got school work and a baby due any day so I don't have too much time lately and this probably won't be rushed. If you guys have any plumbing advice or sump designs or any other important things feel free to chime in or share links of your favorite threads. thanks! pics attached

Attachments

• radionsmedpic.jpg
    radionsmedpic.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 0
  • tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 0
  • stand.jpg
    stand.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 0
  • canopy.jpg
    canopy.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 0
Nice, hope you have long arms, 2 things, make sure you have a reeflink for those radions, makes life so much easier, and would use the herbie method for your overflows ( one siphon, one emergency overflow in each box, then take return over the top)

First off congrats on the little one. Here is my advice to you; 1.SLEEP, WHEN EVER AND WHEN EVER YOU CAN! ANY FREE TIME YOU HAVE SLEEP and then SLEEP SOME MORE! 2. Buy a noise maker (make sure it plays white noise). 3. Take everything back that all your family and friends have bought you and buy only the following, diapers, formula, bottles, onesies, a bassinet, and onesies, trust me that's all your gonna need. 4. Tell your significant other how much you love them and apologize now for anything you may say to them in the middle of the night when your waking up for the 50th time with the baby. 5. DID I MENTION SLEEP? DO IT!! You did say you wanted advise right...Oh nice tank BTW.

Beautiful! Congrats! I love those Marineland stands. Probably going to get the same thing in a 180g fir my upgrade.

First off congrats on the little one. Here is my advice to you; 1.SLEEP, WHEN EVER AND WHEN EVER YOU CAN! ANY FREE TIME YOU HAVE SLEEP and then SLEEP SOME MORE! 2. Buy a noise maker (make sure it plays white noise). 3. Take everything back that all your family and friends have bought you and buy only the following, diapers, formula, bottles, onesies, a bassinet, and onesies, trust me that's all your gonna need. 4. Tell your significant other how much you love them and apologize now for anything you may say to them in the middle of the night when your waking up for the 50th time with the baby. 5. DID I MENTION SLEEP? DO IT!! You did say you wanted advise right...Oh nice tank BTW.

Lmao :).

Nice tank I didn't see where u were located? My advise. Keep the plumbing and sump simple.

Sump bubble trap and that's it. U can use a 40 breeder. It's a good size u can get a good size skimmer in that.

Plumbing I also prefer herbi method. Do a quick google search it will show u all u need.

Good luck seeing up such a large tank with a new baby around :)

Roger

Tons of unions. If you're not sure if you'll need a union at a certain location, put one in. Cost a little more up front but allows for many less headaches in the future.

Lmao :).

Nice tank I didn't see where u were located? My advise. Keep the plumbing and sump simple.

Sump bubble trap and that's it. U can use a 40 breeder. It's a good size u can get a good size skimmer in that.

Plumbing I also prefer herbi method. Do a quick google search it will show u all u need.

Good luck seeing up such a large tank with a new baby around :)

Roger

I'm in Palm Harbor. I'm going to have John at FAOIS do the plumbing for me so that's one weight off my shoulder. he is also trying to find a tank for my sump. I have a 40 breeder, 30 40ish acrylic, and 75 but none really are functional with my giant skimmer. (reef Octopus regal 300 int)

lol thanks. We are going to try and take turns taking naps when we are both home.

I got a return pump and 2 reactors today. texted you bout the skimmer. adding a pic of it to this thread shortly.

I'm in Palm Harbor. I'm going to have John at FAOIS do the plumbing for me so that's one weight off my shoulder. he is also trying to find a tank for my sump. I have a 40 breeder, 30 40ish acrylic, and 75 but none really are functional with my giant skimmer. (reef Octopus regal 300 int)

John is the man. Nice to know it will be done right !

Back