New 85g Rimless Tank Journal

Ready to fill

image-jpg.13416

quick update

tank is currently fast cycling, what i meant by fast, I started it with cured rock, and Live Reef Sand by CaribeSea. also I have been introducing bacteria using Seachem STABILITY. and I will be seeding the tank with few more pieces of rock from my 30g cube, as I will be transfering the few items and 2 small fishes by this weekend (after 7 days) since I do need a way to keep the cycle up, the 2 small fishes should produce a bit of ammonia to help cycle.

also one more item I received and it is ORANGE :cool:

img_20200108_212250-jpg.13478

week 2 update

the live stock on my 30 g has been transferred on Sunday, all seem good so far. I also added a,large bottle of Bio-Spira as an added supplement of live nitrifying bacteria that detoxify ammonia and nitrite.

here are some pics of the live stock

img_20200112_145353-jpg.13613

BTW currently I am running the SPS 14000 Kelvin Custom Program from AQAMAI LRM, and by custom, I meant I changed the time from 7am Sunrise, 11am Mid-Day Full Sun, 3pm ramp down, 7pm off, the new times are 9am Sunrise, 12noon Mid Day Full sun, 5pm ramp down, 9pm lights off.

the picture above is on ramp-down mode

Looks really good. Can't wait to see when its done
Thanks.... It is coming along nicely, but unfortunately since the covid 19 stay at home I have not been able to buy more coral. So it is the same just a little bigger corals as they have grown.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Equipment is working good, most I got from Amazon and eBay.

Unfortunately, I killed most of my corals last week when I used VIBRANT to eliminate algae , it did removed the algae, but also immediately killed my SPS!

Stay away from that garbage, it killed 11 different corals, Across, Birdnest, etc. All got shocked and bleached within days... I did an emergency water change and heavy skimmed, added new Carbon but too late.

I only dosed once the 1ml per 10 gal it said..[emoji3064]

jmc, I don't want to be insensitive on your loss, but I hope you don;'t mind me asking, those lights you're using look very interesting, but I can' find them in those two sites you mentioned. Can you tell me where you got yours?

(Amazon has one option but it's not direct and seems like it's way overpriced and with a high shipping charge)

Thanks and sorry for your troubles again!

The lights are Italian, they sell them at Salwateraquarium.com

Is the Aqamai LRM 100, is a sister company of Hydor.

I like them because how slim and low profile, they almost disappear...

Thanks again. Do you think your corals liked them?

If it's not too much to ask, when you have a chance, can you take a fts when the program is full sunlight?

The tank is currently working with the lights only at 10% I removed the coral and left it as a FWLR for now, I have a new setup in the garage that is housing the coral until everything recovers. I am allowing the main tank to age a bit more and get everything stable again before I bring back the coral that survived.

I lost about 70% of corals (well coral frags and few mini colonies)

I believe it was me doing too much too fast...

I am hoping by July to bring the corals that recover back.

Back