New 90 gallon, month old. Questions

Folks, we're talking about a large tank, that was set up with 70 lbs of cured rock, and a good bit of live sand. Tie that together with the red dragon powered skimmer that is on the list and flow from a Vortech, and you've got a great set-up from the start that is leaps and bounds better then many established tanks here on Reef Central.....

So having said that, a month in is fine for corals, they produce little to any waste, and only need clean water and good light bulbs to thrive....which I'm sure is provided by the Vortech, Alpha skimmer, and brand new LED's.

Paly's, zoo's, and the like are temperamental, when moved or handled, they could close for days, or open right up in a few min. Give them time.....but def. make sure to take a look at them closely at night to ensure you don't have something munching on them....it's very possible.

Good Luck....enjoy that tank....it's a solid setup that should be easy to maintain.

Folks, we're talking about a large tank, that was set up with 70 lbs of cured rock, and a good bit of live sand. Tie that together with the red dragon powered skimmer that is on the list and flow from a Vortech, and you've got a great set-up from the start that is leaps and bounds better then many established tanks here on Reef Central.....

So having said that, a month in is fine for corals, they produce little to any waste, and only need clean water and good light bulbs to thrive....which I'm sure is provided by the Vortech, Alpha skimmer, and brand new LED's.

Paly's, zoo's, and the like are temperamental, when moved or handled, they could close for days, or open right up in a few min. Give them time.....but def. make sure to take a look at them closely at night to ensure you don't have something munching on them....it's very possible.

Good Luck....enjoy that tank....it's a solid setup that should be easy to maintain.

Best repsonse yet :) i've been following this thread.

Back