New diamond Goby

While I only QT fish, and nothing else, I do QT all, regardless of what others tell me.
Resistant is not immune, The risk is just to high for me anyways.

While I only QT fish, and nothing else, I do QT all, regardless of what others tell me.
Resistant is not immune, The risk is just to high for me anyways.
well hes in my qt atm...no sand so should i fees him mysis?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hum, I forget about No sand in the QT. He won't be comfortable as no substrate to filter.
Mine takes flakes, brine and Mysis.....hiding spot.....maybe consider to shorten the stay if he doing real well, active, eating.....maybe just a week.....had to do this for a mandarin as no pods in the QT.....so I bought some pods, just gave him 7 days and in he went.

Yes I know, a risk, but I was sure he would not last 30 days without food (in this case)

Hopefully others will chime in, otherwise judgement call on this one.

I just added a goby and it died within two days. Could have been agression from another fish, but I don't think it's likely.

I think Uncle99's idea is a good one. Put a little sand in there for it to sift. Treat with prazipro at a minimum. If it still looks good and is eating after the week, you are *probably* good to go.

With a Goby you NEED to cover the top of the tank (QT or DT). They are JUMPERS.

^^^This^^^

I gave up on sand sifting gobies for that reason. They were using the eggcrate on top as targets for jumping. I have since switched to DIY 1/4" screen tops, but now the bottom of the tank is covered with corals that I don't want to get buried in sand.

Back