New diy zero edge infinity clam tank

Nope. Still sitting. I have had a bad algae outbreak in my main tank and wanted to get that under control first. Plus it's summer and too much grass to cut and now too much wood to split.

I haven't split wood since moving from TN... Not enough trees around up here. Sometimes I miss it........... Other times, not so much. ;)

That is a nice tank build. Not only does it look great but you even thought through the wait distribution. I haven't been on Reef central in a long time but I am glad so see you posting so I can learn more.

Yea you have to be able to level the tank to get an even wall fall affect. The bottom wood part free floats so it always looks like it sits flat on the floor. If I wasen't working my Silverado trunk every other weekend I might have time and money to spend on this. Of course after truck shopping today I may never be able to afford a nice tank again.

Finally spent time on my clam tank today. Filled it with tap water and put a pump on it. Seems to work pretty well. I will run it for a few days and see if any water leaks out. I had better hurry up with this before my clam out grows the tank.

picture.php

Last edited:
No leaks yet.
I also ordered a Kessil A360N-E Tuna Blue light for the tank. Plan to build a small sump under the clam tank to hold the pump and exchange water with the main tank. Will have my acrylic Thursday so I will have a weekend project. I am going to just run one of the drains from the main tank to the clam sump and then let the clam sump drain into the main basement sump. I have a Eotech pump to circular water from the clam sump to the clam tank and because the pump is variable speed it will be easy to adjust the water flow I need. I also am going to put a filter sock on the drain water coming from the main tank to help keep the clam tank clean. I will build a filter holder into the clam sump. I still have my patterns I used for my main sump to cut tube curves and holes.

Pretty much finished testing the tank. Added some large caps on top of the water outlet pipes to keep the water from making large ripples on the surface. Here is a pic of an old empty shell to show how smooth the water looks when running. Going to start to plumb this into the main tank.
picture.php

Done. Moved my Derasa in tonight. Already starting to open. Cross my fingers all of the plumbing works. I will try to get a better pic tomorrow.

picture.php

I need a good sunny day to get a pic. So far so good other than today my wife was sitting in the room with the tank and she said it looked like someone dropped a baseball in the tank when the clam decided to squirt water out. Made a but of a mess. Two years ago when I started this tank the clam was 3 inches and I thought it would hold him for 4 to 5 years and by then I would have my big tank up and going again. Now the clam is 6 to 7 inches already. I might have look at a splash guard for when I am not home. Or sell this one to someone who plans to keep small clams and build a larger one.

Back