New fish additions

Nwest

Well finally have the 80 gallon up and running top to my liking so got some fish for it!! Got them both from FAOIS last weekend and both are eating EVERYTHING pellets, frozen, nori...

Couldn't be happier!

DSC_0120_zpsak0omtnh.jpg

DSC_0140_zps8fxwuetn.jpg

Plan on getting a few more this week sometime.

Nice looking fish. Did you tell the "fish nazy" (as I have seen him called himself) the chevron tang was going in a 80g? LOL

Nice looking fish. Did you tell the "fish nazy" (as I have seen him called himself) the chevron tang was going in a 80g? LOL

Matter of a fact yes he did. This fish is very small and I know one day he will have to be re-homed. But for now I have a shallow 80 with a 4x2 foot print with plenty of space for him to swim.

Actually, the "Fish Nazi" term of endearment was bestowed long ago upon me by several frequent customers. I've embraced the nickname and try my best to embody the persona when necessary.

With that said, the Fish Nazi has no issue with a barely 1.5" juvenile Ctenochaetus roaming about an ~80 gallon aquarium. At the fish's current size, a 48" x 24" surface area is of sufficient environment to comfortably keep the Species in the opinion of this friendly neighborhood fish-monger. Yes, it will grow. When it reaches a no longer appropriate size, I'm confident in Nwest's judgement to find the fish a larger home.

While the Fish Nazi embraces some/most of the tenets of the Tang Police, he is not blindly devote to absolutisms and does take into consideration many factors before the phrase "No fish for YOU!" is played.

Actually, the "Fish Nazi" term of endearment was bestowed long ago upon me by several frequent customers. I've embraced the nickname and try my best to embody the persona when necessary.

With that said, the Fish Nazi has no issue with a barely 1.5" juvenile Ctenochaetus roaming about an ~80 gallon aquarium. At the fish's current size, a 48" x 24" surface area is of sufficient environment to comfortably keep the Species in the opinion of this friendly neighborhood fish-monger. Yes, it will grow. When it reaches a no longer appropriate size, I'm confident in Nwest's judgement to find the fish a larger home.

While the Fish Nazi embraces some/most of the tenets of the Tang Police, he is not blindly devote to absolutisms and does take into consideration many factors before the phrase "No fish for YOU!" is played.

LOL...It is good to see you are not as closed minded as some customers try to picture you.

LOL...It is good to see you are not as closed minded as some customers try to picture you.

Close minded, hardly. Also, I would amend the word "customer". If someone has received the pleasure of dealing with the Fish Nazi then I was actively trying not to sell something. For 20+ years I've successfully dealt with hobbyists. Great to horrible ideas, common minor mistakes to dangerous costly blunders, simple forgetfulness to downright neglect.....I help them all to the best of my experience and ability. It takes a special kind casual inconsiderateness to raise the ire of the Fish Nazi.

Last edited:
Back