New Hydor pump

Take that Tunze.

Companies are FINALLY jumping on the prop pump bandwagon. Its about time. Hopefully they'll be cheap. ( a prop pump is no more expensive than a maxijet to make, people just are willing to pay more)

A couple more manufacturers, and cheap, efficient flow will be available to all.

The product looks great and Hydor makes great products. I think is is comparable to the Tunze nano streams. The biggest one does 1200 gph. Maybe they will expand the line to compete with the 6060 & 6080 streams.

where are you getting that info greg? I'd like to find out more.

I'm wondering if they will make a magnet to hold onto 1" thick glass?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8642594#post8642594 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gcarroll
The product looks great and Hydor makes great products. I think is is comparable to the Tunze nano streams. The biggest one does 1200 gph. Maybe they will expand the line to compete with the 6060 & 6080 streams.

Looking at those, and the nano-streams, it looks like the hydor has a much more open shroud. That means they will probably be a little more diffuse, and use slightly less electricity.

Well.... Not so fast.

Koralia 1

1500lt/h (330gph)

â"šÂ¬ 32,00 (41.60USD)

Koralia 2

2300lt/h (506gph)

â"šÂ¬ 45,00 (58.50USD)

Koralia 3

3200lt/h (704gph)

â"šÂ¬ 60,00 (78USD)

Koralia 4

4600lt/h (1012gph)

â"šÂ¬ 72,00 (93.6USD)

Not so great of the prices nor gph ratings.

Still more vendors for propeller pumps can only help the competition. I'll stick with my MJ mods for now :)

http://www.tropicalfishoutlet.com/Dr...Category=Pumps

Koralia 1 Turbo Pump 400 gp $22.68
Koralia 1 Turbo Pump 600 gp $27.72
Koralia 1 Turbo Pump 850 gp $31.86
Koralia 1 Turbo Pump 1200 gp $40.02

emailed them about being on a wavemaker:

Hello,

The Koralia should be available at retail sometime in Jan/Feb 2007 at retailers like Drs. Foster & Smith, That Fish Place, Marine Depot, and many other retail locations, etc.

The Koralia is not recommended for stop/start wavemakers, but it will work well on speed control wavermakers.

Sincerely,

Hydor USA, Inc.

That looks nice. What is amazing is how they make it look nice too. I never liked the bulky tunze magnet and yet they make it look really nice. It's gonna take one manufacturer to keep the price low and I think most are gonna keep it at the same price since people are paying for it. If it isn't controllable, then I think it won't force any of the big boys to lower prices.

I understand the higher prices of the other but once the pump has been in the market for awhile, initial costs should of been paid for and price can go down. I honestly do not see how many of the controllable pumps can even cost that much to produce.

Back