New Hydor pump

GETTIN AWAY FROM THIS

GETTIN AWAY FROM THIS

THEY REALLY WORK BUT THEY R BULKY. SO TIME FOR A CHANGE. I WAS ABOUT TO ORDER TWO VORTECHS TODAY AND THANK GOD RAN INTO THIS THREAD. SO THEY LOOK STYLISH AND NOT BULKY SO I WILL GIVE THEM A TRY. ANYBODY INTERESTED IN TWO MJMODS 1200/ONE WITH MAGNET AND BALLJOINT THEY R GOING TO BE UP FOR SALE SOON.
DON'T GET ME WRONG THEY WORK GREAT AND THE SERVICE HAS BEEN GREAT BUT I'M LOOKING FOR SOMETHING THAT LOOKS FINISHED .
IMG_1880.jpg
[/IMG]

gasman, maybe putting it in the back would work better...

YOu should have seen my tunze6060 on a magnet cleaner...MY GOD....

and honestly, paint the MJ black, and thats pretty much exactly what a Tunze looks like. Theyre not exactly the prettiest pumps.

I ordered 2 of these, i'll post pictures, reviews, etc. here on my blog:link removed
whenever they arrive *hopefully soon*

I like German engineering and did pre-order Tunze Nano's...but Tunze is way to cocky about their products and overpriced, maybe this will teach them some humility.

The same can be said about Vortech.

Last edited by a moderator:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8653665#post8653665 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RichConley
gasman, maybe putting it in the back would work better...

YOu should have seen my tunze6060 on a magnet cleaner...MY GOD....

and honestly, paint the MJ black, and thats pretty much exactly what a Tunze looks like. Theyre not exactly the prettiest pumps.

Rich.. what kind of paint do you use on the MJ????

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8645049#post8645049 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dhnguyen
They (Tunze, Vortech) charge that much because they can and people will pay for them. All it takes I think is for one or 2 manufacturers to break from the "mold" and release reasonably priced models and watch the rest start to follow accordingly. If they (Tunze) want to sell and compete they will have to lower the prices plain and simple. Either that or price themselves out fo the market altogether (kinda like what All Seas Marine did/is doing with their ASM skimmers :lol: )

The Hydor pumps do look very nice indeed. Leave it to the Italians for the nice design :)

Tunzes are hand made in house. Not many companies in this industry can brag about that ;)

FWIW, MJ are Italian made as well. Not exactly pretty pumps IMO ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8653869#post8653869 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GreshamH
Tunzes are hand made in house. Not many companies in this industry can brag about that ;)

The AquaC remora is hand made....and in that case, its not a good thing.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8653869#post8653869 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GreshamH

Well... Yes and no. Yes in that MJs are manufactured in Italy. But no the MJs were not designed in Italy by Italian but rather by American.

Aesthetically speaking the Hydor Korallia is by far the prettier duck than the Tunze Nano Stream. My opinion of course, and yes I did stay at the Holiday Inns Express last night :lol:

hey dh agree anywyas I just received an email from tropicalfish outlet and the pumps will be on the US market by mid january. So will wait unless i can get some form Italy/HUUMMMMMMMMMMMM MAYBE

i like the price tag on the hydors =) if they perform pretty good then I'm all for it.

if they're not up to snuff, then tunze it is =)

Hey kinetic - update as u knew we won't have them on the states until jan-feb. So i decided to find out were to get them in Italy. Currently i'm contacting back and forth so i can get a hold of a pair will see.

total for 2 koralia 4- 144 euros w/o s&h
looking at about â"šÂ¬144 = $190.9584 + shiping and handling

that's pretty expensive given how much tfo is selling them for.

you can get the tunze nano streams for a bit less, and probably not spend so much on shipping either.

thanks for looking it up though!

I just recieved this email:

Hello,

The Koralia should hit US retail in February 2007.

The first to have it will be Drs. Foster & Smith.

The Koralia will work great on any controlled that will just slow the impeller down and speed it up. The Koralia is not recommended for stop/start wavemakers.

Sincerely,

Hydor USA, Inc.

I sent back an email asking if the motors are AC or DC.

Cheers,

Jim

fantastic information!!

I think i'll hold off on the tunze nano streams and just use seios in the meantime

Okay, this just came back:

Hello.

They plug into a regular US wall plug. There is no transformer.

Hydor USA, Inc.

Cheers,

Jim

Back