new Iphone

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12932323#post12932323 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by julioperez01
considering what i spent for the original i think the new price is great. I do think it is geard towards gadget geeks ( I am proud to be one) but aren't most of us in this hobby?

I am actually laughing at myself for standing in line for one, but i think it is well worth the money

I have the old 8G and I love my IPhone I have had it replaced for free. And I drop my phone all the time and it's fine because I have a skid free case. How is the new internet browser on it? is it much faster then the old one? My brother was planning on getting one but he was down here on release date instead of chicago. Apparently At&t stores are everywhere there and he wasn't going to wait online for it when he saw how long they were here. He is on his way back to chicago now and is definetly going to get one now that he just dropped his phone in water LOL!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12940632#post12940632 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Spooky208
How is the new internet browser on it? is it much faster then the old one?

It is like night and day!! The difference in speed is huge, but the difference in the battery life is just as huge. All in all i am glad i upgraded and don't regret it

I was in line at 6:00am on Lincoln Rd too. I walked out with 2 Iphones and I only went there for one for my wife. I just got the Sprint Instinct and after comparing the 2 I canceled sprint and went with the Iphone. I'm satisfied so far. Can't believe it has no camcorder though...

I got my iPhone 16gb black Friday at 1Pm. took it home and activated it after an hour. I sold my Touch to buy it nd I love it to death. I needed a new line and although I preferred not to go with AT&T I was still had to get a new line(not port over an existing one), any decent phone I got would still cost 100+, and I dont care about a 2 year contract cause I dont switch carriers every couple of months. i got good money for my Touch so what the hell?

I DONT KNOW> never had the original girl. I know that the Instinct was thinner but a little longer... sold that piece of sh"" for $350... lol

Aren't they IDENTICAL dimensions as the previous one? Maybe a little heavier since they didn't used to have the GPS? Hrm...

Did they just swap the Wifi unit for the GPS like they do on so many other phones when they go from GSM to CDMA? I know by newfangled blueberry is like that. On the GSM curve, they usually get Wifi, and the CDMA Curve has GPS built in (but you need to use VZW's expensive montly software to use it). Hmm Hmm Hmm.

W/e, ATT has crappy service :p While I hate VZW, I've never lost a call, usually not even in elevators. I've always got signal, and I don't get "taken advantage of" by high prices and excluded text messaging. Can't beat a family plan on VZW with governmental discount. Even my phone was dirt cheap (relatively) with the govt discount.

My plans not so bad since i still have an old plan on my phone! But I drop calls all over my house and don't even get service in half my house.

Phone is lighter. Its all plastic as the old one was metal. I kinda liked the metal(less scratches) but my black looks slick. I had to put it in a case cause I scared it will get banged up.

i got mine on Saturday at the Galleria Apple Store. Waited 30 minutes. Great service. Love the phone!!!!!!! Much better than the piece of crap Motorola M9; although, yes, with Verizon in 4 years i might have had 1, and im not exagerating, missed call, and that included post Wilma and Katrina.

Windows mobile is horrible compared to Blackberry or iPhone IMHO.

G3 AND Wi-Fi when in a wireless zone....forget about it...the best. :smokin:

BTW- While their saw some MAC computers, never had one..im in love. :)

Back