New Light - Hamilton Cebu Sun

Looking at this fixture too. Can you turn in the T5's first then halides etc?
What is the estimated spread on the 1 halide. I would go with 1 single 250 radium and some t5 to supplement

Corey

The reflector is decent, and with the 250w radium the spread is good at many heights. The T5s are controllable two per plug so it's really nice.

Thanks Tweaked... I found a Sunpod kit new for 20 bucks... Wife ok'd the look lol.. Again thanks for your help man!

-Mutt

16047238408_d698064b2d_z.jpg

What's the heat like with these units? I've ran halides over most of my tanks and always needed a chiller - but I never ran halides with a glass cover or fans like this pendant is constructed. I wonder if this helps divert the heat? TIA.

What's the heat like with these units? I've ran halides over most of my tanks and always needed a chiller - but I never ran halides with a glass cover or fans like this pendant is constructed. I wonder if this helps divert the heat? TIA.

Really no heat transferred to the tank, and the glass shield is crazy thick at like 1/4" inch. There is a good blast of heat out the side however from the massive fans, but again, not transferred to the tank.

Seriously though is this a powerhouse or what.

What timer setups are you guys using?

4 48" 54w T5s and 2 250w radiums lol. It grows anything. I did add ReefBrite XHO LEDs however for that evening pop.

LEDs on at 7:00am
First bank of T5s on at 8:00 with fans
Second Bank of T5s on at 10:00
First Radium on at 12:00
Second on at 12:30
First Radium off at 4:30
Second Radium off at 5:00
Second bank of T5s off at 7:00
First bank of T5s off at 8:00 with fans
LEDs off at 12:00pm
Moon lights on 24/7

4 48" 54w T5s and 2 250w radiums lol. It grows anything. I did add ReefBrite XHO LEDs however for that evening pop.

LEDs on at 7:00am
First bank of T5s on at 8:00 with fans
Second Bank of T5s on at 10:00
First Radium on at 12:00
Second on at 12:30
First Radium off at 4:30
Second Radium off at 5:00
Second bank of T5s off at 7:00
First bank of T5s off at 8:00 with fans
LEDs off at 12:00pm
Moon lights on 24/7

No no... I mean what do you plug them into?

I got one. I just didn't want to buy another eb8

Actually, I recommend the EB4 for that task as they are solid state outlets.

Outlet 1 - Bank 1 of T5s and the Fans
Outlet 2 - Bank 2 of T5s
Outlet 3 - Halide 1
Outlet 4 - Halide 2

Run moonlights on constant supply.

Actually, I recommend the EB4 for that task as they are solid state outlets.

Outlet 1 - Bank 1 of T5s and the Fans
Outlet 2 - Bank 2 of T5s
Outlet 3 - Halide 1
Outlet 4 - Halide 2

Run moonlights on constant supply.

I don't see moonlights on my model

Hmm, not listed at Hamilton site anymore, however BRS does. Newer models out now? The fans look different than the ones in mine as well. Improvements I'm sure.

Back