New Light - Hamilton Cebu Sun

Flimsy lol. No, it is thick aluminum housing. And built with top notch equipment. I have/have had other lights, and this one is amazing.

The t5s are appropriately on two different ballast, and each ballast controls a light on each side of the halides.

Just checking in to see how you are liking your fixture... Im in the market and was wondering how the corals are doing under that light!

Awesome light and grows anything type of coral you want. I am very happy I went the halide route and added another halide over my other tank. I did recently add a reefbrite XHO strip utilizing existing unused screws in the fixture for an exact fit for the strip.

C7752C43-4CE6-4F85-8410-427D0B1B3A3B_zps2caofsfh.jpg

It is looking really nice:) You should post a picture taken from that same spot each month SO WE CAN ENJOY YOUR CORAL GROWTH TOO....lol
I will be adding a Reef Brite to my Cebu before I fire my new system up great idea thanks for posting:)

Yep, following your thread on the main boards. Great all in one fixture, and with the reefbrite xho strips, it's a serious light with amazing growth and coral pop!

I get allot PMs on which hanging kit I used. - Current USA Orbit, SunPod & Nova Extreme Hanging Kit.

Nice. You don't think the ati hanging kit I already have would do it?

Not familiar with it, but as long as it's strong I don't see why not. Just be sure your into a stud with each cable as the light is pretty heavy.wait till you see how overbuilt it is with super thick aluminum housing and like 1/4" glass shield. Your getting the 60" if I'm not mistaken.

Not familiar with it, but as long as it's strong I don't see why not. Just be sure your into a stud with each cable as the light is pretty heavy.wait till you see how overbuilt it is with super thick aluminum housing and like 1/4" glass shield. Your getting the 60" if I'm not mistaken.

How heavy would you say it is? The power module is like 50lbs and its hanging fine by drywall

My only disappointment with this light is how it looks. Like come on they could have made a nicer looking aluminum housing. It looks good over your tank for sure though. I'm just used to something like the ati power module.

T5 look cool since they are thin so they look cool. Halides have a large weird shape reflectors so they almost have to look like that. I think they all look the same

Back