New Light - Hamilton Cebu Sun

IMG_20150222_233724~2.jpg

I've comitted sin :p

This is a great light. I run the 72" model with the M80 ballasts and 250k Radiums. Very, very happy with it. And it is a beast! Do not hang using a drywall anchor!!!

ok so I need a power bar thats going to take care of at least some of this light fixture. buying an eb4 is out of the question. i already have 14k sunk into my tank i don't need my wife to kill me with another large purchase haha like a walmart powerbar

Ummm nope. You do realize the power draw 2 250 ballasts, and two t5 ballasts powering 4 bulbs plus fans are gonna draw don't you. I wouldn't be able to leave the house fearing a fire.

ok so I need a power bar thats going to take care of at least some of this light fixture. buying an eb4 is out of the question. i already have 14k sunk into my tank i don't need my wife to kill me with another large purchase haha like a walmart powerbar

No cheap used ones on the FS threads?

Just pulled the trigger on a new 36" dual 250 radium package they have available! Down side I have to wait 6 too 8 weeks for the M80, just more time for the tank to cycle.

Awesome light and grows anything type of coral you want. I am very happy I went the halide route and added another halide over my other tank. I did recently add a reefbrite XHO strip utilizing existing unused screws in the fixture for an exact fit for the strip.

C7752C43-4CE6-4F85-8410-427D0B1B3A3B_zps2caofsfh.jpg

Replying to an old post but I recently purchased the same RB strip and was wondering where you got the brackets to attach the light to your Cebu Sun?

Any updates or new experiences? Thinking of buying one but fear heating up the room. Are the fans noisy and reliable?

Back