New Pt. Richey teacher :)

ladyfsu

Hi guys, I show up here randomly...used to be on here a lot!

I have lots of tanks at school (I teach marine science at RRHS), which were once awesome, and now, not so much. ORA donated some nice clowns to us, and I was able to buy some good lights.

If anyone is willing to donate of cup of your live sand, green water to culture, chaeoto, or any little critters you have an abundance of (and live in NPR), I would love to get them for our tanks (little brittles, pods, stomatellas, tiny starfish, mysis). I'm hoping to get an explosion of life going in an isolated refugium-type tank. They don't have to be reef safe.

I ordered some phytoplankton (and hopefully can culture it), but if anyone has some that works well for you, I'll start growing it now. We start the bio section of marine this semester and would have lots for them to examine.

Plz pm me if you are close, and willing to help. I will gladly come pick it up. Thanks :) Laine

And if you haven't gathered, I'll take most any free-be :) Thanks again.

Also, would trade a couple clowns or an Orchid dotty for an decent anemone.

You should post this on the Tampa Bay Reef Club Facebook page there's a lot of action on there.

I throw away about 5 gallons of cheato a week, your welcome too it.
Also wife is a teacher at fivay, she wants to set up tanks but they've pretty much told her no

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Would love to get some from you. Do you think she can bring it to work on Monday, and I could send my son (or I drive there -- 10 mins each way)? Otherwise, I'll drive to your place over the next week if that's OK. My cell is 727-514-6505 if you can text me.

Why did they tell her no? Cost? I had a lot of stuff donated -- maybe if it's the cost, I can see why, but she should be able to set up tanks. Also, does she have her educator's collector's permit - it's free. She can catch and keep almost anything for class use (oversize, undersize, double bag limit, out of season, etc). At the moment, my admins are all for me getting the tanks back up like they once were. Maybe she and I can do a student collaboration thing, and her admins should bite on that ;) Makes THEM look good.

I'll be glad to try to help her if I can.

Thanks again. Laine

lady - we spoke via PM already so sorry for the slight detour here. Perhaps we can make it one stop for you. I don't know how you feel about having Palys with the kids, but I have a boatload that I'll donate if you're comfortable with them. Just don't let the kids frag them, please.

toddmau5 - I need a large portion or two of chaeto for new 'fuges in the shop. I'll trade you something and share with lady if you bring me a bucket or two. - Doug

Back